An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport Operator to help develop our growing business. The role will be both demanding and rewarding for a career driven applicant who seeks satisfaction and fulfilment from a growing and successful company.
You will be responsible for the daily planning of Company and/or third party resources and effectively manage vehicle utilisation, ensuring drivers are given clear and precise instructions and are working within a safe environment and follow driver hours regulations in addition to other transport duties.
As a Transport Operator, you will be required to work well as part of a team, as well as being self-motivated to ensure that results are achieved whilst ensuring that the quality of your work and attention to detail is achieved at all times.
You will have a sound geographical knowledge and a basic understanding of driver's hour’s regulations / Tachograph Law. You will also have a good understanding of vehicle planning within a transport environment or similar. You will need excellent planning and organisational skills and be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work.
Excellent salary – Full time permanent position.
• Experienced in all aspects of goods vehicle operations
• Knowledge of tachograph procedures and other legal obligations is expected
• An understanding of compliance within the transport industry.
• Demonstrable route planning and a geographical knowledge of the country
• A working knowledge of load restraint procedures is an advantage
• Essential literacy and numeracy skills
• A commitment to delivering the best possible customer service
• Required to liaise with colleagues and be prepared to cover for absence
• Work with supervision but be prepared to use own initiative
• Be readily adaptable to changes in working procedures and practices
• Must be prepared to work flexibly as part of a team
• Experience in a Logistics Planning role within an FMCG company.
• 3PL experience
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong communication skills to develop key relationships.
• Strong IT skills.
• Experience in an operational role in a logistics or haulage business
• Experience as a Transport Planner, routing Multi-drop vehicles
• Knowledge of Weights and Volume capacities of Cargo and HGV
• Experience with working to strict KPI's
• Ability to remain calm and upbeat under pressure.
• Confidence to be assertive with drivers when required.
• Organised and good attention to detail.
• Responsible for the day-to-day running of your transport function
• Support the business with all transport activity, resolving any issues promptly.
• Management and updating of the transport schedules and transport diary
• Securing outside sub-contractors and agency drivers when resources are at capacity
• Liaise and communicate with other depots nationally to ensure logistical and transport requirements are being met for all contracts, and that all opportunities are being realised and maximised
• Responsible for communicating requirements to depot staff and producing clear and accurate workloads in a timely manner along with the day-to-day management of drivers
• Driver de-brief.
• Operational administration as required.
• Using industry specific computer systems
• Working with other office staff, including other transport planners and customer service clerks.
• The ability to working under pressure within a busy transport office
• Allocating and planning routes for 10-20 Multi-drop vehicles including 7.5 tonne, 18Ton & Articulated.
• Create daily routes for drivers. Monitor forward workload and balance collections with staff and vehicle availability
• Plan routes according to cost requirements and best possible service to clients, also taking into consideration the expectations and deadlines set by clients.
• Communicate efficiently and effectively with Customers, Drivers, Suppliers and co workers
• Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed in a timely fashion
• Work in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health and Safety and WTD
• Keep in touch with drivers throughout your shift, dealing with problems and re-allocating jobs.
• Maintain a good relationship with all drivers.
• Daily support and first point of contact for the drivers with site issues and general concerns.
16 days ago
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details