W.E Roberts is looking for an enthusiastic Production Assistant to join the Conversion side of our leading corrugated cardboard manufacturing business. An established business for nearly 60 years with a turnover in excess of £15 million we employ over 130 people. Our employees are at the heart of the business, as we have retained our family values whilst also continually investing in new technology and continual improvement. As a Company our objectives are to provide a safe working environment for staff, have a high-performing workforce and deliver our customers a service that is competitively priced yet exceeds their expectations.
As part of this we are a Company who likes to invest in our employees and develop them through the business. For this particular role we are looking for someone who is hard working, dedicated, reliable, flexible and willing to learn and develop themselves, so we can develop them from Production Assistant to Machine Operator. This is a role for someone who is interested in developing a career in our Company as many of our long standing employees have done.
The initial role will be to gain an understanding of the Conversion process (converting cardboard into boxes) and how the machines work through feeding board onto sections of the machines and learning how to operate some of the simpler machines. A key eye for detail and ability to solve problems will be essential. We have three shifts 06.00 - 14.00, 14.00 - 22.00 and 22.00 - 06.00 which are static and do not rotate and we recruit across all three of them.
Day to day duties for the initial role will include:
• feeding board onto feed sections of machines;
• stacking boxes onto pallets;
• stacking finished goods onto pallets;
• stacking pallets;
• checking bundles;
• maintain a clean and safe working environment;
• basic hand gluing and running of the hand gluers; and
• assisting competent Main Operators to carry out general duties within the environment.
You will need to ensure that you are helping to produce a good quality product whilst maximising productivity and ensuring a safe environment.
Key Requirements for the role:
• previous manufacturing experience is desirable though not essential;
• good teamworking skills;
• have a drive to want to learn & develop yourself;
• good problem solving skills & an eye for continuous improvement;
• able to speak English (to a standard);
• flexibility; and the
• ability to work hard & demonstrate the ability to go above & beyond.
To apply for this role please attach a cover letter detailing why you feel that you would make a good Production Assistant for the Company.
4 days ago
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details