W.E Roberts (Corrugated) is a leading independent family run Corrugated Cardboard manufacturer and supplier based in Northfleet, Kent. An established business for nearly 60 years with a turnover in excess of £15 million the organisation employs over 120 people. Its employees are at the heart of the Company as it has retained its family values whilst also continually investing in new technology and continual improvement. As a Company our objectives are to provide a safe working environment for staff, have a high-performing workforce and deliver our customers a service that is competitively priced yet exceeds their expectations.
W.E Roberts (Corrugated) has an exciting opportunity available for a Shift Supervisor (06.00 - 14.00) at their site in Northfleet. This key role will involve managing the production of our Conversion processes on one of our Shifts. You will be responsible for ensuring your Shift meets and exceeds safety standards, output requirements, quality expectations, cost targets and all other KPIs set for them. We are looking for someone who can maximise and continuously improve our manufacturing efficiencies whilst getting the best out of our staff.
What being a Shift Supervisor at W.E Roberts (Corrugated) will involve:
Key elements of the role will involve:
• Driving a good safety culture through Conversion, helping to create safety policies & procedures (including safe systems of work, risk assessments & method statements), train them out and enforce them. Ensuring staff comply with Company safety standards and rules and come up with initiatives to improve safety in Production.
• Overseeing and ensuring Conversion processes are carried out efficiently and safely across your shift whilst minimising/eliminating waste and ensuring customer expectations for quality and delivery are met on time and in full.
• Enable continuous improvement as a key aspect of manufacturing performance, customer service and quality.
• Motivating a production team to ensure agreed targets are met by the shift on a continual basis.
• Work with the Conversion Management team to ensure that Company objectives and KPIs are met.
• Training and developing all staff in your shift as required and deal with day to day issues in the correct and timely manner. This is to include developing training plans for optimal performance.
• Ensuring all company procedures are adhered to in terms of business KPI's, health and safety and quality standards and ensure by monitoring that housekeeping standards are being maintained on a daily basis.
We need a strong leader with a can do attitude able to coach their team to the best standards and perform well under strict deadlines. If you are practical, strategic and result driven, then this role is for you!
What we would like our candidate to have:
• Proven experience of implementing safety in a manufacturing environment and have some H&S certification (i.e. IOSH/NEBOSH);
• Ideally have knowledge of the board manufacturing process – not essential;
• Production Supervisor experience in a manufacturing environment;
• Possess a good understanding of production lines;
• Problem solving skills with the ability to make logical/informed decisions and lead improvement projects;
• Communication/briefing skills – able to communicate at all levels;
• Prior experience of motivating a shift;
• Budget management/cost control awareness; and
• Experience of Quality standards within the manufacturing environment and continual improvement ((i.e. ISO or BRC(British Retail Consortium)).
To apply for this role please include a cover letter stating why you applied for the role and think that you are a good candidate for it.
4 days ago
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details