W.E Roberts is offering the exciting opportunity for a Forklift Driver to join our leading corrugated cardboard manufacturing firm based in Northfleet. The right candidate will be an experienced Fork-Lift Driver with a Counterbalance forklift licence who is a hardworking, dedicated and reliable individual who is flexible and willing to learn and take on new skills. We currently have a vacancy for our 14.00 - 22.00 shift.
Due to the nature of the role you must be physically fit and flexible in your approach to work and tasks.
Duties for the role will include:
• ensuring that the truck they are driving is in a safe condition and all pre drive checks have been carried out and recorded;
• responsible for seeing that all machines in the conversion area have both board & pallets at their disposal at all times and are never waiting for these to be brought to the machine;
• taking finished product out of the conversion building ;
• loading finished product onto the lorries;
• assisting the loader on the day shift when required;
• strapping pallets down on lorries;
• arranging for lunch/dinner time cover as and when required with fork truck supervisor;
• ensuring that you clear the palletiser line of finished work;
• ensuring that exits/fire exits are kept clear and accessible at all times;
• and any other duties as authorised and necessitated by the needs of the business.
Key Requirements for the role:
• counterbalance forklift license is essential (please do not apply if you are not qualified for this position)
• previous forklift experience is desirable though not essential;
• able to speak English (to a standard);
• physically fit;
• willing to work shifts;
• willing to learn;
• hard working; and
1 day ago
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details