W.E Roberts (Corrugated) is a leading independent family run Corrugated Cardboard manufacturer and supplier based in Northfleet, Kent. An established business for nearly 60 years with a turnover in excess of £15 million the organisation employs over 120 people. Its employees are at the heart of the Company as it has retained its family values whilst also continually investing in new technology and continual improvement. As a Company our objectives are to provide a safe working environment for staff, have a high-performing workforce and deliver our customers a service that is competitively priced yet exceeds their expectations.
W.E Roberts is offering the exciting opportunity for someone with strong communication skills, high attention to detail & accuracy and accounts experience to join the busy Accounts team in our leading corrugated cardboard manufacturing firm based in Northfleet as an Accounts Assistant. This key role will involve purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control and other general ad hoc finance duties involved in supporting the three Companies in the group.
What being an Accounts Assistant at W.E Roberts (Corrugated) will involve:
• Purchase ledger – matching and inputting invoices, statement reconciliation and resolving queries
• Sales Ledger - Confirming deliveries and invoicing
• Credit control – chasing customers with overdue balances
• Bank and petty cash reconciliations
• Posting customer payments, resolving queries and sending statements
• Company credit card reconciliation
• Assist with the development and implementations of new processes and ways of working to increase efficiency.
• Report directly to the Accounts office manager
• General adhoc finance duties
We need a highly numerate individual with an excellent attention to detail that is able to stay calm under pressure. If this describes you, then this role could be for you!
To apply you will have an understanding of accounts, credit control, sales ledger and purchase ledger with the ability to pay attention to detail and have a high level of accuracy. Some understanding of a payroll system would be an advantage but not essential for this role as full training would be given.
Key Requirements for the role:
• Experience of working within an accounts department
• Numerate, Logical and Methodical
• IT literate – knowledge in the following packages would be an advantage – IRIS, Earnie, Sage, Global 3000 Accounting, Microsoft Excel,
• Attention to detail
• Proactive attitude
• Good communication skills, including proper telephone etiquette
• Ability to work on own imitative
• To contribute and work as a team with other members of staff
To apply for this role please attach a cover letter detailing why you feel that you would make a good Accounts Assistant for the Company.
5 days ago
This position is being advertised by a direct employer.
- Email Me This Job
- Print Details