Your VOICE could make a difference...
If you can multi task and make sound decisions under pressure, then come and join our force control room as a 999/101 Call Handler and Dispatcher.
As an 999/101 Call Handler and Dispatcher you will help to provide first class service to the people of Kent, answering emergency and non-urgent calls and making decisions to determine the most appropriate response. As a Dispatcher you will deploy police officers to attend routine incidents or deal with real life emergencies.
Benefits of working for Kent Police:
• Excellent training and support
• Skills development
• Maximum working of four consecutive shifts
• Competitive salary with progression opportunities
• Staff benefits and rewards
So if you think you have the voice to make a difference, we want to hear from you.
For more information about this role and to apply online, please visit our website:see full details.
Starting salary £23,855 with potential to rise to £40,002 over 7 years (includes yearly South East allowance)
About Kent Police
Kent Police has unique responsibilities when it comes to policing the county. As well as dealing with crime and disorder, our geographic location means we have a part to play in national and international policing.
We're the main gateway to Europe through three ports, the Channel Tunnel and a number of airfields and airports. We also have one of the busiest road networks in the country providing access to London, Essex and the South East.
About the role
The role of a Police Constable can be demanding but highly rewarding. Every day presents a new challenge; you will deal with different situations and make sure public order is maintained. You will be responsible for protection of life and property as well as the prevention and detection of crime. Working as part of a close team, you will help to serve and protect the diverse communities and businesses of Kent.
As a Police Constable for Kent Police you will be passionate about helping others and want to make a real difference to local communities. You will also be good at problem solving and negotiating when supporting members of the public and dealing with incidents.
If you’re looking for a diverse and fast paced career, this could be the role for you. Apply to become a Police Constable for Kent Police.
Bradstow is a creative and unique residential school for children between the ages of 5 & 19. It is situated in 13 acres of parkland just a few hundred metres from the sandy beaches of Broadstairs. We seek to meet the needs of children and young people with autism and severe learning difficulties with associated behaviours that may be challenging. We have achieved national recognition for our developments in Communication and Behaviour Management.
We are currently looking for a Deputy Home Manager to assist the Home Manager in organising and managing a group of staff working in a residential team. To arrange and manage the care of the children and young adults in that team on shift. To manage the administration of the team. To take a lead role in the absence of the House Manager. In addition, the Postholder will be required to commit to an additional two weeks respite care work, if required, for which additional payment will be made.
Please email HR at email@example.com for an application pack, alternatively please visit the Careers Section of the Bradstow School website to download an application pack.
Salary: £11.33 per hour (based on 25 hours per week)
Calling all Housing/Estate Managers : I have the perfect role for you!
As an experienced Housing Professional with extensive experience within the Sheltered Accommodation sector, are you interested in earning a fantastic hourly rate whilst ensuring a healthy work life balance by working 25 hours per week flexibly? If you answered yes then you?re just the person I?m looking for!
I am looking to present experienced, approachable and professional Sheltered Accommodation experts to my client in the Putney area for the role of Estate Manager, whilst ensuring consistent guidance and support throughout your application process!
This is a part-time role, offering 25 hours per week which you are able to work flexibly across Monday-Friday, between 9am : 5pm. Initially this a 4 month fixed term contract and offers a great opportunity to develop on your existing skills.
* Ensure that all repairs are carried out quickly and effectively, whilst ensuring all properties are well maintained, welcoming and a pleasant environment for tenants
* To ensure that tenants are signed up in line with the agreed procedures whilst consistently ensuring that they understand their rights and obligations under their tenancy agreement
* Provide residents with advice of rent and service charge payment and provide assistance with benefit entitlement
* Assist in the setting of the annual service charge budget and the monitoring and control of the service charge expenditure locally
* Work with residents to develop priorities for minor works and environmental improvements
* Work with Community Development Officer to encourage resident involvement and feedback
* Take responsibility for maintaining health and safety requirements in accordance with Health and Safety policies and site specific risk assessments
* Carry out fire alarm, emergency lighting, alarm checks and other checks including pull cord checks in individual units
* Carry out regular site inspections under the guidance of Senior Management ensuring that residents are involved in the process and manage local contractors to ensure effective budget management
* Daily contact with all tenants/residents and ensure liaison with the appropriate staff and relatives in the event of absence
* Facilitate access to company services and external partners to promote well being
* To ensure the properties are marketed to customers interested in renting or owning a property at the scheme in the future. Ensure that new residents are welcome and have an understanding on how services operate
* To deputise for other Estate Manager or Senior Management as and when required
* Extensive background in Housing/Estate Management
* Experience working in Sheltered Accommodation is essential
* Driving Licence is essential
* Excellent knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Legislation
* Able to work flexibly across 25 hours per week
* Knowledge of effective strategies and policies surrounding Anti-Social Behaviour
* Housing related qualification is preferred
* A good understanding of vulnerable people
* Experience in the leadership of housing-related staff is essential
* Outstanding communication skills
* Knowledge of Welfare Benefits, particularly surrounding Housing Benefits
For your opportunity to apply for this role, please contact Emily in our Head Office today!
£12.58 per hour x 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
10 hours ago
We have 1 remaining opportunity for a Housing Options Officer within a professional and friendly Housing Team.
This position starts on 2nd May 2017 and scheduled to end on 31st August 2017 although there is some scope to continue beyond that point.
Hourly rate: £12.58 per hour
37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
These opportunities report to the Housing Options Team Leader.
Essentially, you will assist the Housing Options Team in delivering an efficient and effective Housing Options, Homelessness Prevention & Statutory Homelessness Assessment Service within the public sector
We are looking for experience of delivering homelessness support
You will require relevant and recent experience within a Housing context including undertaking homeless enquiries and issuing relevant decisions or undertaking housing reviews
You will require experience of handling vulnerable customers
If you have the level of experience we are seeking, are available for an immediate interview with a potential start date of 2nd May, 2017 then please email your CV as a matter of urgency and follow it up with a telephone call.
Tel: 01303 220844
Contact: Heather Morgansee full details.
RSFL are seeking an experienced Receptionist Administrator to join a busy Health Centre in Folkestone on an on-going temporary basis. It is essential for this position that you have a good work ethic, excellent customer service skills, empathy, to be organised and accurate IT skills.
The hours are Monday – Friday on a 6 hour shifts between the hours 07:00 to 19:00, 30 hours a week with the odd Saturday Morning cover too. These hours can fluctuate depending on cover needed.
All About the Role:
To receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way. Provide general and administrative assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person, via email, or via telephone.
Liaising with clients
Giving general health advice
Completing paper work
Handling Prescriptions and Medication
General Administration duties
Can you tick off all these skills and attributes?
Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organisation, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing , Flexibility Professionalism, Quality Focus, Empathy, IT Skills, Work under Pressure, Subject to DBS Checks, Adhere to Codes of Contact and happy to take very occasional ad-hoc weekend shifts.
Please send CV today as we have an immediate start for the right candidatesee full details.
Recruitment Solutions (Folkestone) Ltd are recruiting for a well-established medical secretary to join an organisation based on the Romney Marsh. January Start, Hours 9am to 5pm two days a week and 10am to 6pm three days a week (37.5 hours per week)
All About the Role
The duties of a successful medical secretary will include, but are not limited to; General clerical and secretarial duties, typing correspondence internal and external, dictation, minute taking, handling inbound calls and making outgoing calls, making appointments, organising meetings. Reporting into the Clinical Support Manager
All About You!
• Essential Medical Secretarial Experience
• To have worked in a similar role before within the public sector
• Great attention to detail and organisational skills
• Be able to start January (subject to DBS and references)
• Have strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent tying and transcript skills
• Audio-typing – digital dictation
• Clearing a backlog of medical notes to be added to the system
• Clinical administration
Benefits Salary DOE, 25 days Holiday + 8 days Bank Holidays, NHS Pension Scheme , childcare vouchers
Please send in your CV today, interviews to commence early January 2017!see full details.
The Hayesbrook School are seeking a Learning Resource Centre Manager to:
• Manage, develop and promote the Learning Resources Centre (LRC) to ensure it is an integral and effective part of the school learning environment, meeting the needs and ethos of the school
• Develop the facility as a high impact, exciting curriculum resource
• Take responsibility for the management of internal fitting and stock in the LRC, ensuring the purchase and organisation of resources is appropriate to the learning needs of staff and students
• Work with the teaching staff to promote access to information resources (including those online)
• Support students to develop the reading age as well as independent learning and research skills
• Contribute to curriculum development including sourcing resources and materials
The role is 37 hours per week, to include after school provision, term time only plus 5 inset days. The working pattern is currently 8.30am to 4.30pm (4.00pm on Fridays) with a 30 minute lunch break however, there is some flexibility to the start and finish times. Part-time and flexible working may also be considered.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• A clear understanding of how an effective Learning Resource Centre can make a significant impact on students’ learning and development
• A commitment to equality of opportunity with creative ideas to ensure all groups of students make good use of the Learning Resource Centre
• Excellent computer skills, particularly in using databases and the internet the ability to supervise others
• Good research skills, combined with good general knowledge
• Information retrieval skills
• An understanding of the range of strategies that support reading development
• Good knowledge and love of children’s literature
• Successful experience in engaging and supporting young people
• Awareness of school curriculum
• High level of organisational skills
• Self-motivated and able to work under own direction
• Ability to communicate effectively with all members of the school community.
• relevant accredited professional qualification e.g. degree in Librarianship or Information Science, postgraduate qualification in the field of Library Studies / Information Science or currently working towards an accredited qualification in the field of Library Studies/Information Science.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to vetting checks including an Enhanced DBS check and references. An overseas police check will be required by candidates who have worked or resided outside of the UK, in the last 10 years.
Please ensure that your application clearly states why you are suitable for this role, using the criteria in the advertisement for guidance. Further information and a job description can be found at http://www.brooklearningtrust.org.uk/vacancy/ths17s01/
Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Wednesday 24 May 2017, but we reserve the right to withdraw this post should sufficient interest be received. Early application is advised to avoid disappointment.
We are not considering applications made via recruitment agencies at this time.see full details.
Our national client with Depots in Ashford, Dover and Margate has ongoing vacancies for CAT C RORO Drivers to operate within the East Kent Area, shifts will be any 5 from 7 days therefore weekend working will be required. Experience within the waste industry and RORO operation is desirable.
Full on job training will be given. This will include on board vehicle equipment, and safe systems of work. Duties will include deliveries and Collections of Skips to and from CA Sites in Kent. Flexibility and being customer focused is an integral part of the Job.
CPC and Digicard essential
Ability to work within time deadlines
Safe & Fuel Efficient Driving. (SAFED)
Carryout intensive daily vehicle checks
Must be customer focused
All delivery paperwork duly signed
Ensuring all Health & Safety regulations followed closely
Ensure Vehicles are kept clean at all times
Attend all training as and when required.
Monday to Friday from £10.50
Sundays and Bank Holidays £14.00
The Client Offers
Free on site parking
Full on job training
Other Benefits of working for The Best Connection
28 Days Annual Leave per annum
Weekly Pay / Online Payslips
For immediate interview please contact the Driving Team on 01233 646548see full details.
We have an urgent requirement for an Environmental Enforcement Officer on a long term temporary basis but which could, for the right person, develop into a permanent position.
Working within the public sector, the main purpose of the role is to assist in the effective delivery of the environmental patrol function (dog control, dog fouling littering, fly tipping waste out early) etc.
Knowledge and experience we are seeking:
Previous experience in an enforcement role
Knowledge of environmental and dog control enforcement regulations including the Dog Control Orders, the Police & Criminal Evidence Act 1984, the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime & Policing Act 2014.
Experience of working within a customer facing capacity and communicating effectively with the general public
Capable of being on your feet for relatively lengthy periods of time
Lifting and manoeuvring heavy objects
Calm and professional demeanour
Full UK driving licence required
Local authority policy enforcement experience
Working with community partnerships and delivering educational initiatives/campaigns
Experience of working with or handling dogs
Experience of preparing prosecution files
Reasonable geographical knowledge of the district and surrounding area
A relevant environmental related qualification
CIEH qualification desirable, but not essential
Any experience of camera surveillance and monitoring helpful
Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
Rate of pay: £10.66 per hour
Please email your CV as a Word document ensuring it is completely up to date and relevant to the role.