Title: Commercial Support Assistant
Reports to: Commercial Manager
Established in 1992, Active Assistance is a specialist, complex care provider. We support a range of adult and paediatric clients with spinal cord injury and other physical, long-term conditions in their own homes. Operating throughout the country we are recognised as one of the UK’s leading specialist clinical service providers. Despite the ever more exacting regulatory requirements, Active Assistance has grown steadily over the past ten years.
The position is crucial to the overall commercial department. It is a varied, busy and interesting role that would suit a competent individual with excellent excel and administration skills coupled with an excellent telephone manner. The ideal person would have some experience putting together contracts and bids.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Accountabilities and duties):
1. Assist with enquiries, the follow-up of new client enquiries and chase related correspondence relating mainly to the CYP business. This will be under the direction of the CM.
2. Assisting with the day-to-day reporting and administrative functions of the department and it’s key business processes. This will require an advanced level of excel with the ability to produce concise management reports and sales data.
3. Ability to create pivot tables and amalgamate spreadsheet data is highly desirable.
4. Identifying new contract opportunities by tracking notification boards and assisting with contracts/ bids from the expression of interest to Pre-qualifying stage
5. Managing and updating the bid/ contracts library
6. Preparing basic quotations under the direction of the CM
7. Preparing bid, contract and DPS submissions under the direction of CM/ BMs
8. Compiling a range of reports to assist with the monitoring of the commercial business
9. Arrange exhibitions/ marketing events and maintain stock check of company marketing materials
10. Assisting with any accounts queries relating to both new and existing clients
11. Management of property and car hire portfolio
12. Other bespoke business projects
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS EXPERIENCE AND KEY ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
• Good general education
• Good written English and verbal reasoning skills
• Good experience, exposure and understanding of a fast paced business environment is essential
• Knowledge of the contract/ bid process would be highly desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to communicate up to senior management level
• Proficient administration skills
• Confident with figures and the ability to produce a range of advanced level spreadsheets and reports is essential to this role
• An aptitude and ability for sales
• Experience in a Service and/or Customer focused role would be beneficial
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Team player is essential
• Close attention to detail
• Experienced computer user – MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel proficiency is essential
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted
Strictly no agenciesSee full details.
Job title: Buying Assistant
Contract: 1 Year Fixed Term
Based in: West Malling, Kent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £18,000- £20,000 per annum
This role is ideal for someone who is just embarking or about to embark on a procurement career.
Duties will include:
• Processing of Purchase Orders to approved external suppliers;
• Liaising with account payable to ensure the timely payment of suppliers;
• Maintaining accurate information in a number of databases to enhance the efficiency of the effectiveness of Procurement including the contracts database;
• Filling paper documentation;
• Maintaining preferred supplier lists;
• Maintaining market intelligence through contact with various companies and independent sources of information to give the widest choice of options possible;
• Preparing mail outs as and when required;
• Liaising with approved suppliers as and when necessary.
Experience of working within a purchasing environment would be an advantage, and previous office experience is essential. Naturally, you have the ability to work autonomously or as part of a team, have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and be an excellent communicator with a high level of attention to detail.
For further information about this exciting opportunity or to apply please send your CV and a covering letter quoting reference number CD650 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Closing date for receiving applications is 11 June 2017. Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake psychometric assessments before being invited to attend an interview.See full details.
Purpose and objectives of the role
A key role for a Purchasing administrator has become vacant with our client. They always look for someone to be a tangible asset within the organisation. An individual who shows interest, flair and a dynamic approach to work-life on a long term basis. This is pivotal position in the company that requires focus, attention to detail and a strong personality to pull all elements together.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Supplier meetings for product selection.
• Wide breadth of product knowledge to assist Sales Desk and Area Managers with
• Negotiation and management of supplier bonus schemes.
• Transportation rates negotiation.
• Order processing to suppliers –(Exchequer accounts/stock system experience would be beneficial but not essential).
• Provide alternative product suggestions for anything out of stock at Production factory.
• Project registrations / product reservations to suppliers
• General supplier queries e.g technical requirements and product research etc
• Stock level management for general customer sales and samples.
• Liaison with Marketing to ensure information is provided on new collections and/or
additional information provided that is relevant for marketing documents.
• Export documentation.
• Large customer orders – manage the stock flow and staged transportation for these
• Environmental documentation
• Overseeing Operations Administrator.
Hours of working at Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm with 1 hour for lunch.
Due to location own transport would be beneficial.
Interpersonnel is acting as a recruitment consultancy. Interpersonnel are equal opportunity employers.See full details.
BUYING INCOME ANALYST
This role is jointly responsible for ensuring all buying income has been collected. The buyer teams are split between two colleagues, with each colleague being responsible for their own area.
The key accountabilities & responsibilities are:
- Update supplier turnover in relevant invoicing sheet
- Updating terms accurately in the invoicing sheets
- Preparing weekly/monthly invoice runs
- Responding to supplier queries in a timely fashion
- Attend quarterly/monthly buyers meetings, understanding terms and ensuring the year end accrual position is accurately recorded
- Questioning where the terms are adverse compared to prior year, and gain understanding of the deals
- Year-end supplier reconciliations for their area of responsibility.This includes preparing the reconciliation, ensuring the year end accrual position is in line with actual position and responding to queries from the Purchasing Managers in a timely manner
- Completion of allocation of supplier audits for prior year.
- Ensuring holiday cover for colleague and other team members
In addition, you will have your own stand-alone responsibilities - Compiling late supplier turnover fines, liaising with Purchasing Manager to chase for returns
- Preparing Trade Interchange tracker files
- Raising adhoc invoices, for example Sales Out on behalf of other departments
- Ensure archiving is carried our periodically and details of boxes recorded
- Daily MAV and stock adjustments
- Regularly review processes look for continuous improvement opportunities
- Completion of supplier audits
You will need to have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- This role will preferably be AAT part qualified due to the nature of financial understanding required
- Strong analytical skills
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- High attention to detail and a focus on getting things right first timeSee full details.
Attractive basic depending on experience + benefits
1 day ago
An exceptional opportunity for a Supply Chain Planning Manager with a global manufacturing organisation and key employer.
This position is being presented on a fixed term 18 month contract to cover an internal secondment.
This busy role will focus on supply planning for specific brands, ensuring customer service is optimised across all sales divisions, in a fast moving environment!
The Supply Chain Planning Manager is a key stakeholder in the Sales & Operations Planning process (S&OP), with responsibility for product lifecycle management and supply planning of bought in items and the overall brands within your portfolio.
In terms of the essentials we are seeking in an individual, we are looking for someone with gravitas, highly driven, a strong communicator, of course with extensive Supply Planning experience, some experience working within FMCG, together with knowledge of SAP and ideally with some multi-national experience to bring to the table.
Some degree of management experience is considered desirable with French fluency beneficial (not considered essential).
Working as part of the successful Supply Chain Planning team, you will have close liaison with Purchasing and New Product Introduction Managers.
In addition, you will work closely with other Supply Chain Planning Managers, Production Planning Managers, Supply Planners and members of the Demand Planning team, Domestic and Export Sales teams, Finance (on monthly reporting for S&OP meetings) together with interaction with international colleagues, in order to exchange information and knowledge on supply chain matters.
In view of the level of this position an extremely competitive salary is available, depending on experience, together with attractive benefits.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please email your CV as soon as possible, ensuring it is completely up to date.
As the Business Development Co-ordinator, you will report to the Business Development Manager to provide key support in all aspects of the company’s business activities, with a focus on new business and marketing.
Key Tasks and Activities:
• Produce well written and detailed response documents when bidding for new work. This will include an analysis of the key documents and the activities to be undertaken when completing Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and tender documents.
• Manage tender portals to ensure the Pre-construction team are kept well-informed of any changes to the tender information or process.
• Undertake graphic / design work to enhance the presentation of tender response documents
• Produce presentation material for client interviews and meetings.
• Maintain and update company website, Twitter account and other forms of marketing media
• Support the development of marketing literature including e-brochures, project profile sheets and website content.
• Help to coordinate and represent the company at industry events including exhibitions, conferences, seminars, and networking events.
• Research and collate information from external sources to help maintain an informed view of the construction marketplace.
• Support the businesses Corporate Social Responsibility commitments through organising and attending school workshops, assemblies, safety presentations.
• Liaise closely with the various teams within the business so as to capture information on the activities and the operations of the business. This information is to be used to support both the marketing function of the business and in the process for bidding for new work.
• Update, create and maintain a library of bids to record workload with the aim of improving the efficiency and quality of future bids.
• Support the implementation of the new company logo in 2017.
• Help maximise the opportunities associated with the businesses sponsorship of a number of initiatives, in particular the sponsorship of Kent County Cricket Club.
• Assist in coordinating and effectively delivering key business events.
• Capture key project information within a database format for supporting various functions within business development.
• Support the production of accurate and detailed reports focused on new business leads, including future tender opportunities.
• Excellent IT skills – competent in the use of Word, Excel, presentation software
• Knowledge and experience of Adobe Creative Suite such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Positive attitude to working as part of a team
• Excellent written skills - ability to produce grammatically correct work
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Confident to manage concurrent projects
• Strong communication skills
• Confident to represent the company at external events
• Relevant experience
• Knowledge of the construction industry
Applications giving full details of your experience can be sent to:
WW Martin Ltd
Dane Park Road
Kent, CT11 7LT
Working with the Head of Procurement, we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Purchasing & Stores Manager to monitor and implement a strategic procurement and financial system which benefits the entire hospital. The successful candidate will offer support and guidance regarding the ordering of supplies as well as any stock management issues with a view to improve efficiency and ensuring value for money and the needs of the patient are met at all times. Responsible for the management of the Purchasing & Stores team maintaining full control of the day to day operational activities and deputising for the Head of Procurement in their absence.
Responsibilities will include:
* Meet departmental requirements of purchasing and stock management by working proactively to minimise any risk to the operational requirements of the hospital
* Proactively re-supply base consolidation, product rationalisation and standardisation in line with the KIMS Procurement and Finance policies
* Develop clear lines of communication, management and accountability for the P&S staff with regular performance reviews against agreed objectives that benefit the productivity of the department
* Maintain strong relationships with both internal and external parties including heads of department and external suppliers
* Working in conjunction with the Head of Procurement ensure that appropriate IT infrastructure is in place to support the purchasing and stock management processes within the hospital
* Promote and initiate innovation and new ideas ensuring that maximum utilisation of skills and knowledge amongst the P&S team at all times which will then benefit the productivity of the whole organisation
* Ensure the patients experience and well-being remains at the heart of the departments activities at all times.
* 3 years proven experience at leading a substantial Procurement and Supplies department within a regulated environment, ideally within a healthcare setting
* CIPS or Degree level equivalent qualification would be ideal
* Evidence of continuous professional development and its application
* Possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage staff within a stressful and high pressured environment
* Have a business acumen and commercial understanding with the ability to apply this knowledge within a practical setting.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email email@example.com and a member of the team will be happy to help.See full details.
To provide strong support and administration to the Purchasing Manager in achieving effective procurement functions.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Guidance and assistance to staff in all aspect of purchasing.
• Preparation and development of bid documents and supplier bid lists to obtain competitive quotations on products & services.
• Promotes usage of the Purchasing Department as an effective resource for addressing supply issues across the organisation.
• Reviews current procurement activities and recommends improvements.
• Obtains information regarding a variety of goods/services by telephone, email & meetings.
• Responsible for the development and administration of the awarded contracts.
• Collects & reports feedback to measure supplier performance.
• Assists in resolving Accounts Payable invoice discrepancies when requested.
• Coordinates and resolves problems with end user departments and suppliers.
• Performs other related duties such as special assignments as required.
Education & Experience:
• 2 years’ experience in a purchasing function
• Good Excel skills.
• financial acumen
• Organising/Planning Ability – Problem Solving, Time Management, Working to Deadlines.
• Attention to detail.
• Analytical skills.
• Teamwork/Interpersonal capabilities.See full details.
Administration and coordination of the organisation’s fleet of motor vehicles.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Maintains accurate records of fleet vehicles.
• Ensures compliance with government rules and regulations and files paperwork to support this as required.
• Schedules repairs and preventative maintenance of fleet vehicles.
• Promotes best value transport solutions for the business.
• Encourage improvements in driver behaviour and road risk reductions.
• Project work as required.
Education & Experience:
• Completed 1 year or more works in a motor vehicle field.
• MS Office use.
• attention to detail
• communication skills
• planning and organisation
• teamworkSee full details.
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do you have 3 years + experience in a Quantity Surveyor role?
Experience working on High End Residential and Commercial projects?
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Our client is a well-established family run firm whose portfolio includes high end residential and commercial projects providing a 360 solution from clearing premises to construction and then onto final fittings!
Our client is looking for a proactive and hungry individual to join their vibrant team and are offering a competitive and negotiable salary dependent on the successful individual!
Duties will include:
• Managing projects from cradle to grave.
• Pricing variations.
• Procurement of sub-contractors including pre-tenders, payments etc.
• Quarterly build costs.
• Maintaining build cost reports and site development targets.
• Cost Plans.
• Attendance of monthly site meetings and contractor meetings.
• External monthly valuations.
Experience will include:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor.
• High End Residential experience is essential.
• Excellent organisational skills and time management.
• Experience working in a high pressurized environment.
• Preferably a portfolio of previous works to show your project experience.
Our client is looking for someone as soon as possible so if you feel that you have the experience and qualities for this role then please send through your CV for consideration!
Qube Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this role.