Are you seeking to join a residential childcare company that values and cares for its employees? …..
Are you considering a change in career and believe you could make a difference to young people in care? .......
If so, we welcome applications from individuals to care for and support vulnerable and at times challenging young people in our homes across Kent.
Vacancies for residential workers and seniors currently exist in East Kent, especially in Thanet and Folkestone. Salaries range, as follows, dependant on home location, experience and qualifications:
Residential Workers £18,000 to £20,000
Senior Residential Worker £20,000 to £22,000
Salaries shown, are for full time posts involving a shift pattern rota, including weekends and a sleeping in allowance. Part time positions are available.
Previous experience or transferable skills are desirable but opportunities exist for candidates with a desire to develop their own skills and understanding of working with young people and a willingness to undergo further training at our own dedicated training centre.
Further information about us and the work we do along with application forms can be found at jobs.ethelbertonline.co.uk
Application forms can also be requested via the JobsinKent website or by telephone request on 01843 823762.
Enhanced DBS and relevant checks will be required for all applicants.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Ethelbert Children's Services also operates its own Fostering Agency across Kent, London and adjacent counties. We are currently actively recruiting in these areas and welcome applications from existing or prospective individuals or couples who would consider this challenging but rewarding role. Excellent training and development is provided along with payments starting at £455.00 per week per child. For further information please contact our fostering ream via the above links, directly on Freephone 0898 1681228 or visit us on our website or Facebook.See full details.
Considering a career involving the care of children?
Ethelbert Fostering Services (EFS) are currently recruiting new or established foster carers across Kent, London and surrounding areas. If you are currently fostering or are considering a change of career or just want to find out more please contact us for an informal chat.
We recognise that our foster carers are our greatest asset and reward and support them accordingly.
A minimum of £455.00 per child per week plus paid expenses, respite and annual retainer after a qualifying period.
Unlimited referrals - we have contractual partnerships with more than 60 local authorities and receive many referrals every day.
24 hour support, 365 days a year from an organisation with more than 40 years' experience in children's social care.
Experienced Supervising Social Workers.
In-house education, health and therapy services.
Comprehensive training & development opportunities.
Local support groups & peer networking opportunities.
Organised leisure activities for you and your family.
Why become a Foster Carer?
There are many reasons why children and young people need to live with foster carers and equally as many reasons why people decide to become foster carers. The one thing they always have in common, is that they want to fulfil one of the most important roles in society by making a real difference to the lives of vulnerable children and teenagers.
Right now, the UK needs 6,500 more foster carers to provide safe, stable and nurturing homes for children who cannot live with their own families.
Who can be a Foster Carer?
Foster carers can be married, single, co-habiting, male, female, same sex couples and be of any ethnicity, culture or faith. There are no age limits for foster carers or restrictions for people with disabilities, as long as you have the energy and ability to provide children with the care, welfare and lifestyle they need and deserve. You must enjoy having children in your life and be prepared to work through the emotional difficulties associated with living in care.
If you are already an approved foster carer and are considering changing to an agency that can provide exceptional levels of support, financial reward and personal development opportunities, we would love to hear from you.
At EFS, we recognise that transferring agencies can be a daunting decision for a foster carer and it is not one that should be taken lightly. However, if you believe it is the right decision for you, we would welcome the opportunity to provide advice and guidance as to the process of transfer, the support we could offer and the opportunities we could make available, should you transfer to EFS.
Call today for an information pack or see us on Facebook
Imago (formerly Voluntary Action within Kent) is a long established, well respected and effective charity working across Kent, Medway, East Sussex and London Boroughs of Bexley, Southwark & Havering to deliver a range of services to individuals, voluntary and community organisations, the public and private sector.
Our mission is to promote, develop and facilitate social action, support independence and empower communities. User and volunteer engagement, leadership and involvement in decision making are core principles.
We deliver a wide range of services in partnership with funders, public sector commissioners and private sector sponsors to children and young people, older people, carers, and volunteers.
Underpinning our work is a commitment to excellence, evidencing impact and safeguarding vulnerable people.
Imago offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of salary, contributory pension, healthcare benefits and 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
Purpose of Role:
To work with colleagues to successfully deliver and develop a range of exemplary, innovative and responsive services to support Young Carers. To provide proportionate and holistic assessments of Young Carers’ needs and to develop support plans.
* Receive referrals from the Central YC Hub and assess level of need
* To support Young Carers to plan how they would like to live their lives and create support plans to achieve these outcomes, reviewing regularly
* Deliver local ‘Chill Clubs’ that are Young Carer focused youth groups
* Signpost appropriately in accordance with agreed action plan
* Identify local universal respite and short breaks for Young Carers
* Support Young Carers to access mainstream community services
* Recruit and manage volunteers to support Young Carers
* Work with community partners to identify opportunities for Young Carers
* Assist with and ensure any Safeguarding concerns that occur within the project are dealt with appropriately with the support of Imago’s Safeguarding Lead
* Give a voice to Young Carers through awareness raising and identification
* Work in partnership with the Young Carers team, education, health, youth services, voluntary sector, early help, social care providers to ensure they comply with young carer related legislation, and are able to identify, assess and support young carers within their own setting
* To undertake regular evaluation of the services provided ensuring that Young Carers experiences are at the heart of evaluation
* Keep up to date with issues affecting Young Carers [both nationally and locally]
* Attend training, team meetings and regular supervision
* Any other tasks and responsibilities that may be identified as necessary as the service evolves and develops
* Knowledge of the needs of Young Carers, Social Care system for both Children and Adults
* Knowledge of issues relating to Disability, Long term illness, Mental health and Substance misuse
* Ability to work independently, organising work to meet targets, objectives and deadlines
* Ability to stay calm in a crisis and be measured in your response; be non-judgemental and measured in your actions
* Excellent oral communication and written skills, good organisational and time management skills
* Self-reliant and able to work with minimal supervision, as well as good team working skills
* A willingness to work flexibly
* A commitment to equal opportunities, diversity and making services accessible to all sections of the community
* Excellent computer skills, including the use of social media
* Hold a current driving licence and have access to own transport is essential
* Relevant personal or professional experience in social care, health, education, private or voluntary and community sector
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Personal experience of being a Carer
* Knowledge of policy and legislation relating to Carers
Post is subject to references and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
Please either submit your CV with a short covering note outlining your CURRENT SALARY and or visit our website at www.imago.community for a full application.
Imago recognises that many people in our society experience discrimination or lack of opportunity for reasons that are not fair. These include: race, religion, creed, colour, national and ethnic origin, political beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability (including mental illness), HIV status, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity status, responsibility for dependants, appearance, geographical area, social class, income level or criminal record.
Imago aims to create a culture that respects and values each other’s differences. Imago sees these differences as an asset to our work as they improve our ability to meet the needs of the organisations and people we serve. We proactively seek to increase opportunities for inclusion, and celebrate diversity across our organisation and within the communities we serve.See full details.
Based in Maidstone Police Headquarters
Starting salary £19,755 (plus 10% shift allowance)
Permanent – Full Time (shift)
Join our Investigation Management Unit (IMU) as an investigator and you will perform an interesting, challenging and important role in supporting crime investigation and recording.
As an IMU Investigator, you will receive and evaluate calls from members of the public, reporting allegations of crime. Calls from officers will also need to be assessed, ensuring a thorough investigation has been carried out at the scene; in line with standard lines of enquiry.
You will be required to gather and accurately record information on computerised systems and create, update and maintain records on police database systems.
Part of the role will involve conducting searches on national databases to obtain supplementary information, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all information recorded. You will also provide advice and guidance on relevant legislation; policy and procedure, and ensure the applications of these policies are adhered to accurately.
As an IMU Investigator you will need to make sound decisions and pose strong customer service skills. Previous experience is advantageous but not essential, as full training will be given and you will be supported until you are confident enough to work independently.
For more information about this role or to apply online, please click the apply button. Alternatively, please visit https://www.kent.police.uk/jobs-recruiting-now
The closing date for applications will be Monday 12 June at 4pm.See full details.
In just 6 – 8 weeks we can help you get your first foot in the door to an IT career.
At just £495 or 5 monthly payments of £99 we will provide you with access to the courses needed by most employers for new entrants to IT roles. All successful course applicants will go on to a guaranteed interview with our partner IT organisation
Once you have completed the courses and passed our online assessment exam we will then submit your CV to our recruitment partner who employ around 500 new entrants per annum into roles across the UK.
Salaries range from £18k-£22k dependant on location and experience and you will be expected to attend a week long induction course at their Head Office where you will be given further job specific training.
Applicants will be expected to work within a 50 mile radius of their location and present themselves in a positive and well presented manner when working on client premises.
This course package has been tailored to the specific requirements of our recruitment partner and they are particularly keen to employ individuals with no prior experience in IT who have a real desire to work in IT.
Our clients see themselves as a gateway employer providing the skills and experience necessary to get ahead and begin a successful career in IT.
We look forward to starting you on your new career journey.
Based in Maidstone we are a market leading professional recruitment business who have enjoyed a period of sustained growth and development. We provide staff to all businesses in Kent, ranging from independent SMEs to the large multi-national businesses on a permanent, temporary and contract basis. We have enjoyed back to back record years, and are on track to do so again this year.
Our success has led to growth and expansion into new disciplines and new areas, meaning that we are able to offer strong career prospects to those that come and join our business. As well as the chance to progress your career, we also offer a fun and enjoyable culture where you can work with a great group of consultants, which we feel is really important.
Beyond Kent, we are part of the FTSE 200 recruitment business PageGroup, which comprises of Michael Page, Page Personnel and Page Executive. This means that as well as being able to offer greater coverage of the market for our clients and candidates, we also offer the best support network for you as a consultant within our business, including the market leading training and development plans which we offer all of our employees. We are consistently ranked in the Sunday Times Top 100 businesses to work for.
In Maidstone, we are now looking to hire the right candidate to help us continue to develop, either by joining one of our existing disciplines, or by helping us to break new ground in disciplines that we do not currently focus on locally.
At PageGroup, we like to recruit people who can manage their own time and their own deadlines in order to hit their own targets. Recruitment is a sales driven role you will get out what you put in, but we prefer to work smarter rather than harder.
Our consultants are genuinely responsible for their own desks, and by forming long standing relationships, reacting quickly to new business opportunities, and by providing an honest and consultative service, we believe that we offer the best solutions to our clients and candidates.
The role of a PageGroup recruitment consultant combines business development and commercial customer service, generating revenue by successfully engaging with clients, candidates and colleagues.
Key responsibilities typically include:
• Identifying and developing client/business relationships in a competitive environment
• Advising on and selling the most appropriate solution for attracting candidates and maintaining a candidate database
• Assessing and responding to the needs of each particular client or assignment
• Sourcing suitable candidates and briefing them on the opportunities offered by the client
• Managing the process through interview to offer stage and beyond
• Offering CV, interview and general career advice
• Networking to build business information that can be converted into commercial opportunities
The Successful Applicant
You may be currently working in recruitment and looking for a more autonomous role with a market leading business, or you may be looking for your first step into a career within recruitment. What is more important is the attributes and skills that you display.
We look for:
• Strong negotiation skills.
• The ability to adapt your approach depending on your audience.
• People who push themselves above and beyond to achieve the best result.
• The ability to be compelling and persuasive.
• People who can develop strong internal and external relationships.
• People who are driven to meet and targets and compete for the best results.
Recruitment can be challenging, so we also look for people with the ability to keep going during the difficult times.
What's on Offer
In exchange for your skills and experience, we will offer a very competitive remuneration package. This includes a competitive salary and a bonus scheme, as well as the opportunity to increase your salary at frequent intervals based on your success within the role.
We know that this is a role which requires hard work, but it is definitely a career which also rewards success. As well as the bonus scheme, we engage our staff in other ways, including running plenty of incentives on a local, regional and national basis.
Additionally, as a FTSE listed business, we have a range of other benefits to match, including the ability to match regular charitable donations, offering childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes and many others.
It really is a great place to work, so if you want to see if you have what it takes to be a PageGroup consultant, apply now.See full details.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work in a fast-growing company based in the UK with a newly-established US office. This is a highly technical field that offers the opportunity to work with some of the biggest and most cutting edge technology and aerospace companies in the world.
The Marketing Manager main objective is to increase profitability and turnover by driving sales leads and enquiries through various marketing activities including digital and general marketing. Other duties will be to oversee general marketing and branding of the company, which includes digital marketing strategy for the company and other key marketing activites. The role involves all aspects of general marketing activity and digital marketing campaign delivery including, online campaigns, website management, social media, search, briefing agencies and the analysis of digital marketing results.
Key responsibilities of digital marketing will include
• Developing and managing digital marketing campaigns including regular customer enews letters and social media campaigns. Ensuring all digital outputs confirm to brand guidelines.
• Building a list of key online directories such as Photonics online and Global spec. Updating listing and regular weekly/ monthly “product lines”
• Devising strategies to drive online traffic to the company website.
• Managing online brand and product campaigns to raise brand awareness.
• Overseeing the social media strategy for the company.
• Identifying and prioritising digital marketing objectives in line with wider commercial goals.
• Analysing how customers use digital media and looking for ways to improve the customer experience to acquire and retain customers.
• Improving the design, usability, content and conversion points of the company website through developing solid plans and tracking key measurables (i.e. page views, unique visitors, dwell time, repeat usage).
• Managing the redesign of the company website and the transfer of data.
• Utilising a range of techniques including paid search, SEO and PPC.
• Responsibility for planning and budgetary control of all digital marketing.
• Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
• Reviewing technologies and exploring new developments in the digital landscape to find new opportunities to drive effective campaigns and ROI.
Other key marketing activities include
• Building a list of key trade magazines associated with main sector lists and producing regular PR/press releases to, working with technical advisers for on-going strategy.
• Branding including packaging and online sales packaging
• Regular competitor analysis supplied to technical sales for new business ideas and help with winning quotes
• Specify and run marketing reports using SAP software, interpolating data and communicating trends to management.
• Maintain accurate reports on sales team activity and communicate data to management
• Recognise trends in product interest, enquiry location and enquiry sources, communicating to management and using data to inform marketing activity.
• Plan and implement marketing activities including: the development of pricing initiatives, advertising and Internet campaigns, the selection and management of exhibitions, the creation of PR activities and events, and the production of editorials.
• Organise photography of new products and existing product range where necessary.
• Select and manage external marketing agencies.
• Maintain an archive of presentations, advertising and marketing material and communications used in marketing.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
2 years plus experience as a Marketing Manager
Marketing Degree desirable but equivalent qualification or experience will be considered.See full details.
Your VOICE could make a difference...
If you can multi task and make sound decisions under pressure, then come and join our force control room as a 999/101 Call Handler and Dispatcher.
As an 999/101 Call Handler and Dispatcher you will help to provide first class service to the people of Kent, answering emergency and non-urgent calls and making decisions to determine the most appropriate response. As a Dispatcher you will deploy police officers to attend routine incidents or deal with real life emergencies.
Benefits of working for Kent Police:
• Excellent training and support
• Skills development
• Maximum working of four consecutive shifts
• Competitive salary with progression opportunities
• Staff benefits and rewards
So if you think you have the voice to make a difference, we want to hear from you.
For more information about this role and to apply online, please click apply to be redirected to our website:See full details.
A Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer is required to join a stable and robust business with multiple sites across the UK.
Reporting into the Works Engineer, the incoming candidate will be expected to undertake all reactive and planned electrical and mechanical maintenance for the plant. The post holder will undertake all fault finding and root cause analysis, co-ordinate and improve tooling change-overs, and complete all daily, weekly, and monthly condition based maintenance activities.
Applicants should possess a strong, proven background in working within a fast-paced, continuous manufacturing environment. Demonstrable experience of undertaking multi-skilled maintenance is needed; as such, applicants will ideally have the necessary 17th edition qualifications and be comfortable working within an automated environment. An exposure to PLCs and Fanuc Robotics would be highly desirable.
Candidates will be expected to work a set shift pattern which includes a series of days and nights (12 hour shifts), to include weekends and bank holidays. It is advisable that candidates have their own access to transport owing the location of the business.
An immediate interview and start is available.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Kent's Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.
Twitter: @nagforjobsSee full details.