Want to join the best in the business? You’ve come to the right place. The Kings Ferry, part of National Express are proud to deliver a great experience, based on customer service, safety, comfort and reliability. As one of our employees, you’ll make sure we remain the number one choice by offering the very best customer service at every point.
Established in 1968, The Kings Ferry is one of the UK’s leading private hire and commuter coach operators, we pride ourselves on offering a complete travel management solution to suit both individual and corporate requirements. The Kings Ferry has an outstanding reputation in its marketplace and has been awarded Best British Coach Operator several times.
About the role
The continued growth of the business means that we currently recruiting PCV Drivers with manual or automatic licences
Successful applicants will have to have the following Skills and experience:
A full Manual or automatic PCV Licence
A Digital Tachograph card
A good communicator with excellent customer service skills
General knowledge of the Kent and London network
In return we are offering a competitive package, the opportunity to work with a great group of people and a friendly environment where you can really excel at what you do best
MS are looking for a New Business Sales Consultant on behalf of one of our clients based in Gillingham. You will generate sales from target prospects through outbound sales calls and managing growth of acquired customers.
As an office based role you will be required to promote products by telephone and email to new businesses, as well as contacting existing clients to generate additional revenue. The role would suit an individual looking to work within a team with a good sales background. You will receive a rewarding bonus scheme, as well as being party of a great company with additional benefits. A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is a must, as well as being pro-active.
If you are hungry for sales and enjoy exceeding targets then please apply today including an up to date copy of your CV to CMS Employment Agency.see full details.
Systems Support / Development - SQL .Net VBA
Salary: £25k - £30k DOE
A systems support / developer is required for our long established global client. The position will support system, project development and research to ensure timely and accurate availability of all data requirements to support the business processes of the buying team; including data interfaces when required with the Inventory Management teams. This is a continuous improvement role for existing systems and reports to support profit-enhancement initiatives. The position will support the Systems Analyst to ensure cover is maintained for the supporting systems. The role covers all current and future technologies, as well as supporting both internal and external key stake holders.
Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and Office
Knowledge and application of:
ASP.Net (html, ajax, CSS, Java script\JQuery)
VB.Net (.Net 4.0 and upwards, Entity Framework, Linq, Lambda, etc.)
MS SQL Server including designing physical data model
Working knowledge and application of data warehousing and business intelligence
Strong communication skills
Strong analytical skills
Able to prioritise and handle multiple projects and daily tasks.see full details.
To sell The Kings Ferry and Connections private hires and liaise with new and existing clients on a daily basis to maximise revenue and provide excellent customer service in line with The Kings Ferry company values. Ensuring all customers enjoy a market leading travel experience and building strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders along the way.
Your daily duties include:
• Delivering sales against structured revenue targets.
• Offering & following up quotations.
• Processing bookings.
• Processing payments for private hires.
• Chasing payments for private hires.
• Arranging tunnel, ferry and hotel bookings.
• Checking client itineraries.
• Invoicing private hire customers.
• Assistance with complaint management.
• Organising any additional customer requirements as necessary.
• Other administrative tasks as required.
• Undertaking your duties efficiently and effectively.
• Selling and processing Commuter tickets and dealing with Commuter queries.
• Keeping your workplace safe and within the company safety guidelines. Adhere to the Golden Rules.
• Selling and processing Commuter tickets and dealing with Commuter queries.
• Any other ad hoc duties for the Sales Department in line with business need.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
• Excellent telephone manner with strong customer service skills.
• Previous sales experience with a natural ability to sell.
• Excellent commercial awareness.
• Ability to build strong working relationships.
• Ability to think outside the box to maximise results.
• Quick learner with the determination to succeed.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Ability to follow management instructions.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.see full details.
Role: This is a part-time role, fulfilled on a self-employed basis, and includes attendance at meetings of the Trust about 6 times a year on a Monday during the day time and administration outside of those meetings.
Fee: £4,200.00 per annum, to be invoiced by the Clerk and paid at the main meetings in November, March and July.
Location: Working from home with all meetings being held at the Rochester offices of the Trust.
Position: We require a highly organised and self-motivated individual to provide administrative duties to the Trustees’.
Provide draft Agendas & Aide Memoires for all Meetings for agreement by the Chairman & Vice-Chairman.
Distribute agendas and supporting papers to provide Trustees with a minimum of 10 days’ notice of the meetings.
Liaise with the Premises Manager and Catering Manager at the School with regard to the provision of a venue and refreshments for each meeting.
Maintain a record of attendance at meetings, taking appropriate action to deal with non-attendance.
Arrange, attend and accurately minute meetings of the Trustees (normally three per annum), Trustees' Committees (normally three per annum), and Joint Meetings of Trustees & Governors (normally two per annum).
Produce draft Minutes for agreement by the Chairman and circulate to Trustees & Advisers when agreed.
Maintain a permanent record of Agendas & Minutes of all Meetings.
Maintain the Register of Property Titles in liaison with the Legal Adviser and make it available for all Meetings.
Provide a schedule of meeting dates for each year.
Arrange and attend occasional special or emergency meetings as and when required (normally occasional tours of the property, and annual visits to the auditor and stockbroker) and make notes as appropriate.
Follow up decisions and actions agreed at meetings (where appropriate).
Deal with routine correspondence between meetings, including documentation and items of information.
Liaise with the Trust’s Auditor in the preparation of draft and final Accounts each year.
Each year, submit the Annual Trustees’ Report & Financial Statements to the Charity Commission and maintain the Trust’s on-line entry.
Maintain an annual Income & Expenditure Schedule with supporting documentation.
Arrange for the renewal of the various Trust insurances at the best possible rates.
Deal with correspondence relating to the appointment and resignation of Trustees.
Maintain an up to date list of Trustees and terms of office, advising the Chairman of Trustees of changes and vacancies as they arise. Maintain a list of Committee Membership.
Liaise as necessary with the Trust's professional advisers (stockbroker, solicitor, surveyor, auditor, and Letting Agent).
Prepare an annual budget, liaising with the appropriate Trustee (s), and amend as necessary through the year.
Undertake such other duties as the Chairman may, from time to time, reasonably determine to fall within this remit.
The experienced Clerk will have:
• Strong administrative, IT and organisational abilities
• A high degree of diplomacy, confidentiality and tact
• A flexible approach with the ability to use initiative
• The ability to travel to the meetings (an average of 6 per year)
• Provide a schedule of meetings and events at the beginning of each academic year
• Deal with the yearly renewal of the Insurance Policies
• Liaise with the Trust’s professional advisers (Stockbroker, Accountant, Solicitor, Surveyor and Auditors)
• To prepare and maintain the Annual Budget and assist with the Financial Statements
• Maintain an up to date list of information required by the Charity Commission
• Maintain accurate minutes and list of Committee Membership at each meeting
• Prepare agendas and associates papers
• Oversee the Trust’s properties with the Lettings Agenciessee full details.
Barker Munro are working alongside a leading Facilities Management business based in Mid Kent who are looking for a Finance Administrator to provide financial support and assistance to the finance team. The position will include elements of Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Credit Control.
You will be responsible for accurately processing a high volume of purchase ledger invoices, and deal with supplier queries quickly and efficiently.
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in similar role, preferably with a background in finance. The successful applicant can work accurately, stay organised and holds the ability to prioritise time to meet deadlines.
Due to the high levels of applications we are experiencing at the moment we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates, if you have not had a response within 1 week of applying regretfully you have not been successful
Finance Administrator - Kent - Accountancy and Finance
For all the latest news and jobs, follow us on Twitter @BarMunRecruit
Supporting the marketing manager, you’ll be at the heart of driving marketing campaigns for a product or service. An important cog in the marketing wheel, you'll be expected to be involved at all levels, including drafting press releases, creating online content and organising promotional events. You will predominantly be office based but some of your daily activities will require you to be out of the office attending meetings, visiting events/functions or organizing promotions.
This job is full of variety and you’ll need to be able to turn your hand to a multitude of tasks.
A marketing assistant's regular to do list includes:
• Writing content/news for social media/web/email distribution.
• Arranging promotional events.
• Assessing results of marketing campaigns and analyzing data.
• Helping to drive online traffic with web-related campaigns.
• Writing, distributing and analysing customer surveys.
• Assisting with customer experience insights and market research.
• Writing and maintaining accuracy of online and printed marketing content.
• Raising purchase orders.
• Liaise with Marketing Agency to help produce and develop campaigns and promotions.
• Assist in managing the customer database/CRM.
• Assist with internal communications with product and campaign launches.
• Managing and growing digital marketing presence.
• Supporting the Marketing Manager with developing annual marketing strategies.
Candidates will need to show the following characteristics:
• Good organisational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Are a strong team player.
• Commercial awareness.
• Can work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Numerical skills.
• IT skills.
The following skills/experience would benefit your application:
• One or more years’ experience in writing content for online or print distribution.
• Very experienced in using Word and Excel in a professional environment.
• Solid knowledge on how to use social media to market products or services (predominantly twitter, facebook and LinkedIn).
• Some knowledge of using Cloud based systems and CMS (Drupal,Survey Monkey, Salesforce).
• Knowledge on how to use Google Analytics to run reports.
• Some experience in one or more of the following would be beneficial. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML & CSS.
This is a great opportunity for a Sales Administrator to join the Commuter Department at The Kings Ferry based in Gillingham.
The Kings Ferry is part of National Express plc and operates the largest fleet of coaches in the South East. We operate 38 commuter services into London carrying over 1,000 passengers per day from Medway, Swale, Maidstone and Gravesham. We also carry out a range of private and contract hires to schools, universities, social groups, football teams and supporters, travel companies and blue chip clients.
You will be the primary point of contact for our commuter and private hire customers offering assistance with timetable and ticketing enquiries as well as queries concerning new and existing private hire bookings.
Your daily duties will include but not be limited to:
• Answering inbound calls and dealing with incoming queries
• Ticket sales
• General office administrative duties
• Monitoring the commuter and sales inboxes and responding to/forwarding all requests
• Updating company Twitter account
• Service analysis
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
• Excellent telephone manner with strong customer service skills
• Ability to think outside the box to maximise results
• Quick learner with the determination to succeed
• Strong organisational skills
• Be flexible in working hours to meet the demands of the business when necessary
• Ability to follow management instructions
• Strong time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
• The ability to work effectively and retain a calm disposition and problem solving logic in pressurised situations.
• Good IT skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlooksee full details.
ARGENT TRUST Job Title Trustee Remuneration- This is a voluntary appointment, but reasonable expenses will be paid
Argent Trust in Medway seeks to recruit four Trustees (Non-Executive Directors to its Board). The Trust currently consists of one SEN primary school and a training centre and is based in the Medway area with the intent to expand over the coming years. Board meetings are held at Rainbow Court, Hotel Road, Gillingham, ME8 6AA
Trustees are expected to attend all Trust Full Board Meetings (held at least three times per year in the morning during term time but Extraordinary meetings may also be called) and to prepare for these meetings by reading the supporting information provided. There are several committees which meet throughout the year-Curriculum Committee meetings are held at least three times a year; Finance Committee meetings are held at least five times a year and the Buildings, Health & Safety Committee meet once a year.
The Trustees as Board members determine:
That the Trust’s strategies and goals are aligned and clearly understood
That there are robust and appropriate policies and procedures in place to manage the Trust.
The performance of the day-to-day management of the Trust and entities within the Trust
The appointment of senior management.
That the Trust’s financial position is secure
The Trust’s financial statements are accurate, and conform to accounting standards
The Trust operates in line with its ethics and values
In addition to the above Trustees are expected to visit the academy in action. This is an essential part of the role, particularly in relation to monitoring and evaluation. Trustees are also occasionally invited to attend academy events such as assemblies and sports days.
The Trust plans to consolidate its current position and develop within a sound environment in the next three years; options for expansion are currently being reviewed. Trustee input and decision making will be an integral part of the future of the Trust. Growth will be measured and the Board will take the time to ensure that each step is strategic and sustainable in order to best serve the communities at its heart. Trustees joining Argent Trust are expected to play a key role in its ambition to grow. The Trust’s immediate priority is to ensure that it has the capacity and systems in place to achieve growth with as little disruption as possible to its stakeholders
The Trust is looking for candidates with professional skills in business, finance, facilities/health & safety, HR or education.
For more information about Argent Trust please see our website- http://www.argenttrust.co.uk/
If you believe you fit the criteria for this role please apply with your CV and covering letter.see full details.
£18,000 basic DOE plus commission and bonus structure
2 days ago
Hours: Full time including evenings and weekends
Roko Health Clubs are a privately owned group operating 5 full service clubs in a sector we call ‘premium affordable’. Our large scale established clubs have great facilities for our members and we hold our prices at a level that makes it truly compelling value for our customers.
The Spa is an Elemis beauty salon with three treatment rooms and is part of Roko Health Club Gillingham.
Candidates must have experience in all aspects of beauty therapy and have a drive to grow the business and deliver exceptional customer service. This is a fantastic opportunity for either an existing beauty manager or experienced/senior therapist wanting to progress into beauty management. You will become part of the wider health club head of department team and the role includes duty management responsibilities.
Applicants must be flexible with working hours, this will include evenings, weekends and may include bank holidays, but there is opportunity to set the rota in advance.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can make a real impact at The Spa. The Beauty Manager must manage the therapist team to hit set targets for revenue, occupancy, rebooking and retail conversion. The Beauty Manager is also responsible for accurate forecasting, stock control, promotions and organising events.
Interviews will include a trade test and copies of all training certificates must be available at the interview.
So if you’re looking to join a company where you can make a difference and reach your true potential then come and talk to us.see full details.