Join us now and benefit from our new rates of pay of £8.50 - £9.50 per hour and 20p per mile business mileage!
Avante Home Care and Support is the leading provider for Domiciliary Care in Kent, Bexley and Greenwich, providing high quality, professional care to people in their own homes. We are looking for compassionate & committed, friendly, reliable people who want to make a difference to join our dedicated team.
What can we offer you?
• Competitive rates of Pay
• Full Training Programme
• Mobile Telephone Allowance
• Parking Permit
• Holiday Pay
• Office support
• Payments for travel
Would you like to be part of our team?
We are looking for people who can:
Work full or part time
Work weekends and bank holidays
Partake in our training programme
Take pride in their work performance and care enough to make a difference.
Some care experience would be preferable but is not essential as full training will be given. Being able to drive is essential.
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
If you feel that this could be you, then please contact us on our recruitment line:-
Jonathan Green (Kent and Bexley): 0800 977 8705see full details.
The role of Accounts Assistant at our client is vital for the ongoing financial management of their business at a key period in its growth. The role requires strong experience of bookkeeping with a good understanding of the company and its structure. This is principally a temporary position as maternity cover, however as the business grows over the next 12 months there could be the opportunity for a permanent role for the right person. The post holder will be required to work closely with the Finance Manager, reviewing current procedures and implementing change where required, ensuring that we are fit for growth.
They will have the responsibility to provide sound financial control and support for colleagues, thus enabling good decision making across the Senior Management Team. They will also be responsible for the monthly payroll for all staff – those on an hourly rate and salaried. Pension, student loan and salary sacrifice deductions are all required and are calculated through Sage Payroll.
Principle duties include but are not limited to:
~ To post all supplier invoices and manage the purchase ledger, dealing with discrepancies and requesting credit notes as required.
~ To allocate supplier invoices to payment runs according to our payment terms.
~ Bank reconciliations.
~ Cash reconciliations.
~ To work with the Finance Manager to control the bank balance and maintain a healthy cash–flow.
~ To post all sales invoices and manage the sales ledger, ensuring our credit terms are adhered to and any issues with non–payment are escalated to the Finance Manager.
~ To prepare for and run the monthly payroll process and distribution of wage slips.
~ To assist the Finance Manager in identifying areas where procedures can be improved.
~ To aid the Finance Manager in the preparation of statutory returns.
~ Management of the prepayments and accruals through manual journals.
~ To implement changes to the systems where required.
~ To carry out additional roles within the scope of the role of Accounts Assistant as required.
~ To maintain good relations with suppliers, customers and staff alike.
~ To remain aware of potential savings and cost efficiencies, ensuring suppliers and providers remain competitive.
~ To attend internal/external training and development sessions relevant to the role.
~ To be responsible for your own personal health and safety as well as anybody else who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
~ To maintain good and clear communication between all members of the team.
~ Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
~ To undertake such other duties that may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post Key skills.
~ A formal accountancy / book keeping qualification is preferred (AAT, ICB, IAB etc.)
~ Experience of managing a payroll process is essential.
~ Proficiency with Sage Payroll.
~ Experience of working with Xero is preferred although full training will be given.
~ Team oriented, proactive and flexible.
~ An ability to work quickly and accurately.
~ Good concentration with an eye for detail.
~ Honest, discreet and trustworthyPersonable and welcoming.
~ Commercially aware.
~ In addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all roles within the company
~ Participation in staff meetings as requiredParticipation in personal development and review schemes.
~ Participation in any relevant quality assurance systems.
~ Participation in the weekend cover rota as required.
~ All duties must be carried out to comply with Health and safety requirements.
~ We work hard to deliver a package that recognises staff commitment and provides opportunities to develop a career with us.
~ All of our team members are offered:
~ A competitive Salary.
~ Pension Scheme.
~ Full Induction.
~ Training Opportunities.
~ Career progression opportunities.
~ Discounted rates on all produce.
~ Childcare voucher scheme.
~ Cycle to work scheme.
~ Long service rewards.
Hours of Work Hours are typically 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday with a half hour for lunchsee full details.
Required to carry out works to fire and flood damaged properties throughout the South East. Transport provided and travelling time paid. Driving licence preferred, but not essential. Must be able to work to a high standard. Wages negotiable. Please send C.V.'s via the apply online button or 6 Jubilee Way, Faversham, ME13 8GD.see full details.
Our client is a distinguished firm of Chartered Accountants specialising in farming, landed estates, property and private client work. Characterized by their quality, reliability, integrity and the rare expertise they have in their chosen sectors. The company has a strong tax and advisory focus however they also undertake audit, corporate finance and restructuring assignments.
To provide support to Client Managers and Partners by carrying out accounts preparation and tax matters whilst training for a chartered accountancy qualification.
Duties & responsibilities
- Tax and accounts/audit preparation work adhering to policies and budgets.
- General client work as requested by Managers
- To maintain the information on the client database including weekly timesheets and tracking.
- To devote a satisfactory amount of time towards studying for a chosen qualification.
- To enter for exams and complete coursework for your chosen qualification.
- To learn from Managers and feed back problems.
- To keep and organise a personal planner whilst providing information to keep the firm planner up to date.
- To keep up to date with developments regarding job role via technical reading, lectures, courses, etc
- Planning and organisation – to be able to prioritise and plan your workload according to the needs of the firm.
- Working to budgets – to be completely mindful of the budget for the work you are carrying out and to be responsible for ensuring it is adhered to.
- Team working – the ability to work as part of a team, especially as other members of staff are usually involved in a client’s overall service.
- Initiative – to make proactive suggestions to provide the client with a better service whilst still being mindful of the budget the client has agreed upon.
- Following instructions – the ability to follow commands from superiors and to adhere to policies.
- Presentation – to be able to produce work to a professional standard, especially final documents going to clients. To be aware of this standard and be able to check your own work accordingly.
- Attention to detail – Must be able to inspire confidence in your work and be trusted to produce accurate information.
- Flexibility – to adapt and work effectively in a variety of situations and to easily accept change in the organisation or job requirements.
- Analytical thinking – to be able to simplify complex problems or processes and evaluate them.
- Confidentiality – to understand the need for confidentiality when dealing with a range of clients.
- Communication – to be able to represent the firm in a clear and professional manner both on the telephone and in person.
- IT skills – must be competent in Microsoft Office. Accounting software knowledge would be an advantage but training will be provided.
Our standard minimum criteria is 3 grade B A-levels (300 UCAS points) plus a 2.1 degree – or equivalent. Qualifications are just one of the measures used to gauge exam success. Our qualification guidelines are just that and we recognise that some students develop later than others. Where everything seems to fit but there is academic uncertainty, psychometric testing may be used to assess your ability to pass the exams.
22.5 days holiday
Pleasant working environment in a period property with access to a gardensee full details.
• RECRUITING 10 X CLASS 1 DRIVERS TO JOING A LEADING SUPERMARKET DISTRIBUTION CENTRE IN FAVERSHAM
• EARNINGS OF UP TO £750 PER WEEK
• As a HGV Class 1 Driver you will be responsible for trunking and store work
• Loading and unloading full and empty cages.
• Various shifts available, flexibility with start times is important.
The ideal Class 1 Drivers will have the following skills and experiences:
• Be reliable, flexible and physically fit
• Be aged 23+ due to insurance reasons
• Have a valid Class 1 HGV licence held for a minimum of 2 years and have no more than 6 points on their licence.
• Have been driving Class 1 category vehicles for a minimum of 6 months – for insurance reasons
• Hold a Digi card
• Hold a DQC card
• Weekend premiums
• Uniform will be provided following a qualifying period
• Up to date vehicles
• Excellent facilities on sitesee full details.
Located in Faversham Kent, BMM Weston are the UK’s leading manufacturers of sterilizer, autoclave and washer disinfector equipment require dynamic, enthusiastic individuals to be a part of our welding shop.
Working in a busy vibrant factory the successful candidate will be part of a team of welder/fabricators responsible for the manufacturing of components used on our equipment.
A flexible attitude is a must as the parts cover a wide range in both size and complexity, varying from large stainless steel pressure vessels to smaller intricate sheet metal components.
Located in Faversham Kent, BMM Weston are the UK’s leading manufacturers of sterilizer, autoclave and washer disinfector equipment require dynamic, enthusiastic individuals to be a part of our electrical department.
Working in a busy vibrant factory the you will be part of an electrical team responsible for the assembly of electrical panels, wiring looms and harnesses.
The following key disciplines would be ideally required
• Experience in making wiring looms, harnesses and electrical panels.
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
Hours of work are 39 hours basic between 07:30 - 1630 with overtime available.
Carlton Recruitment is pleased to announce that our respectable client is currently seeking hard working and experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor, who also holds additional experience in JCT contract Administration to join their team based in Faversham. Your role will include:
• Compilation of construction costs
• Preparation of cash flow forecasts
• Undertaking feasibility/ option studies
• Managing/ preparing cost plans
• Advising on procurement processes
• Overseeing/ managing award processes
• Identifying issues
• Attending site visits
• Liaising with the professional team, collating design information/specifications
• Overseeing/managing tender processes in full including preparation of tender, estimates etc.
• Quantification and measurement of construction works including SMM7 and NRM
• Value management, value engineering and life cycle costing
• Preparation of cost/progress reports
• Compilation of construction costs – from contract to completion
• Identification/ valuation of extra and varied works
• Preparation/issuing of interim valuations
• Preparation/agreement of the final account
• Preparation and negotiation of claims for EoT
• Client/contractor liaison
• Dispute management
• Implementing charge control procedures and contractual notices
• Support and assist the trainee quantity supervisor/ surveyors when required
• Ability to multi-task and manage completing priorities
• A real team player
• Able to work on own initiative i.e. without constant supervision
• Flexible and willing to work additional hours when required during busy periods
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Organised with solid administration skills
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Good time management
• IT literate (MS Office & Outlook)
• Keen eye for detail
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.see full details.