Building Services Engineering Supervisor
P & O Ferries - Dover
An opportunity has become available for a Building Services Engineering Supervisor based at our offices in Dover.
You will assist and support with the management of the building services team to ensure the smooth running of the Dover premises and the support services therein. You will also prioritise the daily work for the building services team and be responsible for the contractors working on site for health and safety compliance.
You must have:
•Proven experience working in a supervisory capacity for a building maintenance contract in the building services maintenance engineering estates or facilities sector
•Trade background as an electrician or mechanical trade with a strong stable history in the building maintenance field
•17th edition certificate
•HND or higher in a building related discipline
•Excellent communication and organizational skills
•Ability to prioritise work, problem solve and motivate others
•Full driving licence
Ideally you will also have:
•Health and safety qualification IOSH/NEBOSH
FIRE ALARM & SECURITY INSTALLATION ENGINEER - LONDON & SOUTH EAST
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Kent/South East England
Salary: DOE (Negotiable)
Fire Alarm Engineer
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced and motivated Fire Alarm Engineer to join our team to carry out new build projects in London and the South East.
The ideal candidate must be experienced installing multiple Fire Detection Systems, be able to understand drawings, specifications and stock control.
This is an ideal opportunity for an installation engineer who wishes to expand into a more dedicated managerial/project management role.
About the Role:
- Working with other engineers
- Working on a Self-Employed basis
- Ensuring all works are carried out in accordance with the relevant BS standards
- Working within a set timescale to finish the project on time
- Installing systems on sites such as Warehouses & Commercial Offices
- Projects based in London and the South East
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Must have experience within a similar role as an installation Engineer, with at least 5 years’ experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Have a pro-active must do attitude
- CSCS /ECS Card
- Full driving license
- Be based in and around the Kent area
An Electrical & Controls Engineer is required for a small but globally recognised engineering company based near Maidstone (TN12 5JH) that specialise in bespoke Gas Compressor skids for the Oil & Gas industry. GCL is ISO 9001 accredited.
This role requires the candidate to have extensive knowledge of electrical control systems within packaged equipment, PLC programming, design using dedicated software, commissioning with hands on experience with site installations.
The ideal candidate will have;
• Experience within the Oil & Gas industry and/or heavy industry designing and following through to commissioning electrical control systems.
• Experience with selecting, sizing and working with electrical components.
• Experience with creating and maintaining a BOM and ordering components.
• Experience with drafting and designing integrated electrical control systems using AutoCad and Eplan.
• PLC programming using Allen Bradley/Rockwell, Mitsubishi and Siemens S7 systems.
• The ability to produce detailed a description of operation for a given system and the subsequent conversion into a PLC program.
• Excellent communication skills that will enable the candidate to engage with clients, suppliers and other members of the team at a professional level.
• Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work under their own initiative.
• Testing, inspection and commissioning experience.
• The ability to travel at relatively short notice worldwide especially when undertaking commissioning functions.
• A degree (or equivalent) in electrical engineering preferably in a related field would be advantageous.
• 17th Edition accreditation an advantage.
GCL offer a competitive salary (based on experience) along with 21 days holiday plus bank holidays.see full details.
Allied Fabrications Ltd are recruiting for an experienced welder/fabricator.
Experience in fabricating structural and architectural steelwork including steel frames, balconies, railings, balustrades etc is required. Ability to work from drawings and on own initiative, stainless steel experience would be an advantage but not essential.
Rate of pay circa £13/hour negotiable depending on experience, overtime at 1½, this is a full time position with an expanding company.
Are you looking to take the next step in your career?
Are you looking for a career with a consultancy that will help you develop your skills and knowledge?
If so, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. Working for a Civil and Structural Consultancy based in Ashford -you will be required to work on a variety of structural projects whilst utilising your experience working from Engineers sketches, to produce high quality structural models.
As your career develops, so will your opportunities to advance your skills and knowledge. The consultancy is also offering Revit training for the successful candidate.
An ability to produce RC details would be an advantage, but not essential. Must be fully conversant with the latest version of AutoCAD.
Following lengthy conversations with key contacts in their business I feel that there is a real excitement and teamwork running throughout the business on top of an eagerness to push the business forward.
So if you're looking for your next opportunity with a consultancy that can offer you more, then please get in touch.
EXPERIENCED FIRE ALARM INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
LONDON & SOUTH EAST
ESTABLISHED FOR OVER 30 YEARS and maintaining a large client base across London and the South East , we are seeking an Experienced Fire Alarm installation and maintenance engineer. A lot of our work is in London, therefore you will need to reside within a reasonable distance from London and our offices in Sittingbourne. You will need to be prepared for early mornings
You will be responsible for maintenance, fault finding, problem solving and installation of fire alarm systems. Experience with wireless, hybrid, as well as hardwired systems.
All relevant tools supplied along with van, mobile phone and laptop
Salary £40k per annum dependant on experience. We operate a no smoking policysee full details.
Your new company
A temporary position for a Project Coordinator has become available working for a global leader of diesel and fuel engines.
Your new role
As Project Coordinator you will develop business process and project management skills within an area of business or technical speciality. You will also be expected to provide administrative and logistics support for a project team and project manager. Main responsibilities will include: the monitoring of projects, assisting with the planning of budgets and research, helping with the design and development of project plans and timelines and keeping track of notes and other records.
What you'll need to succeed
You must be aware of the steps to develop and manage change, including issues and risks, for a project. Be the voice of the customer and outlay their requirements. Proficiently manage one or more schedules and have previous experience of Project Management.
What you'll get in return
A 2 month contract paying £18 /hour working 37.5 hours per week.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Our Client based in Sittingbourne is looking for a Senior Estimator to join their team.
The role will involve:-
• On time delivery of project estimates.
• Deliver accurate and competitive project estimates. This will include review of individual component requirements to identify best fit and best value supply chain, negotiation with suppliers, and a comprehensive plan for production.
• Ensure that all information on project briefs has been captured.
• Reporting of supply chain performance, including quantitative measurement of supplier costing performance to feed into Sourcing Team.
• Assist in sourcing of new products, liaising with the Design and Development departments where appropriate, ensuring new products are brought to market in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Continually review the overall ‘value’ offered by existing suppliers, and ensure the companies purchasing remains globally competitive.
• Assist in ensuring the KPI requirements for the department are met, and accurately maintain departmental records to assist with inter-company marketing.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with suppliers.
• Assist with research and sourcing of new suppliers in order to develop and improve product cost and quality, maintain competitiveness, and ensure subcontract capacity is maintained.
• Effectively set-up multi supplier projects, identifying any concerns before they arise and communicating these to the relevant personnel.
• Carry out general administration as required.
Education, Skills and Experience
• Previous estimating experience, preferably within related industry, with knowledge of production methods using metal, wood and plastics.
• Strong sourcing and negotiation skills.
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
• Experience in purchasing would be beneficial.
• Excellent communication(written and verbal) and numerical skills.
• Experience in dealing with global suppliers
• Must be a self-starter with a good attention to detail to manage multiple responsibilities.
• Computer literate to a high standard.
React Recruitment Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
You confirm that by submitting your CV for a permanent position you are willing to work in the position in which the hirer seeks to fill and that you provide React Recruitment Ltd with the permission required to pass your CV on to the hirer.
Due to the high volume of applications we regret that only suitable candidates will be contacted.see full details.
My Client, a manufacturer in a niche market, is expanding, and looking to recruit an experienced CNC / Laser Operator / Engraver to join their team.
The role will involve machining / cutting and / or engraving a variety of products which will include control panels, signs, detailed labels, plus more
You will ideally be an experienced Engraver / CNC operator with some knowledge of Cad helpful.
Some administration work is also involved, so being Computer literate is necessary
An eye for detail and the ability to work to high quality standards is essential.
You will also need to be flexible and hands on, with the ability to work to tight schedules.
If you would like to work in a growing company, in a pleasant environment, and meet the above criteria, please apply now!
Due to location you will need to be able to drive and have use of a car / motorbike.
Commercial Services Kent/Trading Ltd is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.see full details.