*CLUSTERED CALLS, GUARANTEED HOURS, MILEAGE ALLOWANCE & PAID TRAINING ARE JUST A FEW OF THE BENEFITS WE OFFER OUR STAFF*
We are looking to recruit Community Care Workers to work in the DEAL & DOVER area. The job role will involve working within peoples own homes providing personal care (both male & female), meal preparation, medication, shopping, choices and decisions, social inclusion and social support.
Full & Part-time GUARANTEED hours (subject to availability), From £7.80phr after completion of probationary period for all new to care staff, Mileage allowance, Paid training, QCF Diplomas & Career progression encouraged, Refer a friend bonus, flexible working hours, Clustered calls.
We offer guaranteed part-time & full-time hours (subject to availability), including split shift hours (e.g. 7am-2pm, 4pm-10pm) or just evenings and/or weekends only.
Previous care experience is not essential as full in-house paid training and mentoring is provided, with the opportunity to gain a QCF level 2 Qualification in Health & Social Care after completing your probationary period. Drivers preferred, although some walking rounds may be available. Must have some commitment to work every other weekend.
Employment is subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK, a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure and 2 references.
If you would like to be part of our team please apply below, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01304 361222.see full details.
Lauriem Complete Care Ltd is a successful social care organisation, committed to providing excellent quality care for people in their own homes. We now have a vacancy for Community Care Supervisor to join our team in Deal & Dover.
The role is full-time 37.5 hours per week and will consist of some evenings, early mornings and alternative weekends, although hours are negotiable at interview.
• Care work including personal care, medication, shopping, choices and decisions, social inclusion and social support.
• Carry out risk assessments & completing care Plans
• Supervise care staff including observations & supervisions
• Service User Quality assurance visits
• To support the On-Call service during out of hours when needed
Our STAFF BENEFIT from:
28 days holiday
Career development & progression encouraged
Excellent rates of pay
2 free uniforms
Free In-house training & Mentoring
Free QCF Level 3 Health & Social Care qualification
You need to have:
Experience working within the health & social care field is essential
Capacity to understand and take account of the needs and difficulties of people who experience physical and mental health problems
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Ability to positively engage clients
Willingness to work flexible hours to include alternative weekends
QCF/NVQ level 2 in Adult Health & Social Care or equivalent preferred although not essential
Employment is subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK, a satisfactory enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) disclosure and 2 references.
**Please telephone 01304 361222 or email your CV to email@example.com **see full details.
Lauriem Complete Care Ltd is a successful social care organisation and KCC contracted provider, we are committed to providing excellent quality care for people in their own homes. We are now recruiting an Area Care Coordinator to join our East Kent team. This is a full-time position of 37.5 hours per week working Monday to Friday from 08:30am until 5pm. The role will be based in our Deal Office.
MAIN JOB ROLE:
- Line Management responsibilities for supervisors and support workers
- Maintain accurate community support workers and client records, both computerised and manual and complete paperwork as appropriate in line with procedures.
- To take responsibility for the provision of care in your allocated locality. This will be achieved by permanently matching support workers to clients.
- Monitor support workers by using a positive approach, carrying out supervisions, appraisals and quality assurance reviews. You will also hold quarterly team meetings.
- Liaise with other professionals involved in the service users care, to provide appropriate information necessary for them to fulfill and discharge their own responsibilities.
- Must have experience in domiciliary care and coordinating.
- QCF Level 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care (Adults) preferred
- Be knowledgeable regarding safeguarding vulnerable adults, health and safety, equality and diversity and company policies and procedure
- Capacity to understand and take account of the needs and difficulties of people who experience physical and mental health problems
- Experience of supervising a team preferred
- Experience of providing high quality customer service within a pressurised environment
- Computer literate
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to probe and follow up on issues
- Knowledge of CQC regulations & data protection act
Our STAFF BENEFIT from:
28 days holiday
Work based pension
Free training & QCF Level 3 qualification in Health & Social Care
Career development & progression encouraged
Refer a friend bonus
Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and 2 references.
To apply or to find out more please telephone 01304 361222 or via the apply button below.see full details.
Salary: £7.51-£10.36 for a range of day, night, weekend and Bank Holiday shifts
We are currently looking to recruit Full-time and Part-time Support Workers. We need enthusiastic, passionate people like you to ensure everyone at Martha enjoys a quality of life which is as normal and fulfilling as possible.
Could you help make a difference by joining our dedicated team?
You will be working in a friendly environment where teamwork and individual support are high priorities. You will be responsible to the Nurse in charge for providing and maintaining a homely atmosphere and will need a keen interest in caring for people, ensuring that the rights and dignity of our residents are respected at all times.
Our homes are vibrant and busy, where no two days are the same! As well as providing personal care, you will be supporting people to take part in a range of activities, including theatre trips, bowling, cinema, zoo, sailing, horse carriage riding, ice skating and lots more.
You will need to have a flexible approach to shift work including weekends. However we will shortly be introducing a flexible working policy where we hope to accommodate as many requested shift patterns as operationally possible.
An NVQ2 in Care is desirable but this is not essential.
A full driving licence and the ability to drive our minibuses on a regular basis would be an advantage.
If successful you will enjoy excellent working conditions, structured training and support, competitive salary, pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement and genuine opportunities for professional development.
In addition we provide:
•Free Employee Assistance Service
•Care Certificate for all employees
•DBS on offer paid for by Martha
•Long Service Awards
How to Apply
If you are looking for more than just a job, please call us on 01304 626928 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
If after application you do not hear back from us within 15 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful for the role at this time.
Martha Trust does not discriminate against the people it serves or employs on grounds of gender, marital status, race, disability or age. All appointments are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.see full details.
£18,200 - £20,150 p/a subject to qualifications and experience, including 2 sleep ins per week
1 day ago
Channels and Choices Specialist Residential Community require:-
RESIDENTIAL CARE WORKERS AND ASIPIRING SHIFT LEADERS to work within our growing and dynamic company. We offer therapeutic care, including Children's Residential Care, Fostering and Education to GCSE level in our Independent DfE Registered School.
The role of Residential Care Worker is to provide safety, support, care, guidance, nurture and a secure base for the children and young people in our care.
-We are currently offering full time, part time (fixed days considered) and Flexible Zero Hours Contracts working within a rota system which includes shift work and sleep-ins;
-37.5 hours per week (full time) in addition at least 2 sleep-ins per week;
-Fantastic development opportunities for staff and a high level of training provided in-house and by Kent University.
Due to Ofsted Regulations, all employees in our Residential Care Homes must be 20 years of age or over;
Physically fit and able to carry out physical intervention when necessary;
Resilient and motivated person;
Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
Calm, approachable manner, adaptable and non-judgemental;
Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team;
An understanding of a therapeutic approach to caring for children and young people;
Basic housekeeping and cooking skills.
GCSE in Maths and English at C Grade or above
NVQ or Diploma Level 3 in Children & Young People's Workforce or equivalent;
Previous experience in working in a residential care setting or with young people;
Any relevant or transferrable skills, such as First Aid Trained;
Ability to drive and hold a current full driving licence;
Knowledge of Child Protection & Safeguarding.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about improving the lives and outcomes for children & young people. We are an activity based company and promote the well being of our young people through a wide and varied programme of activities, sports and hobbies.
All applicants are required to complete an application form at our website www.channelsandchoices.co.uk
CV's will not be considered.
Did you know Channels and Choices now offer a foster agency? Have you ever thought about a rewarding career in fostering? We are currently recruiting foster carers in the Kent area. If you would like to find out more, please feel free to call our friendly team on 01304 827777.see full details.
Responsible to The Management, Team Leader/Senior Care Staff
THE OLD VICARAGE, TILMANSTONE JOB DESCRIPTION; CAREASSISTAnT
PURPOSE OF POSITION
1. To share with other staff, in meeting the personal care needs of Residents both physical and emotional in a way that respects the dignity and independence of the resident. a. Encourage residents to close toilet doors while in use. b. Knocking on residents doors and bathrooms. c. Not leaving residents on the toilet. d. Noting residents cleanliness after meals & encouraging washing & changing if necessary. e. Allowing residents to choose their own clothes.
2. To help in the care of residents' physical environment and the general day to day running of the home.
a. General tidiness of the home, staff not to walk by rubbish, dirty clothes etc.
All care staff to work to care plans to ensure the following is met.
1. Help residents who need it with dressing, undressing, bathing and toileting (when necessary or at a specific time within a continence programme).
2. Help residents with mobility problems, physical disabilities, including incontinence (with discretion). Follow instructions given in respect of mobility aids, e.g, hoists, :. blue handling belts, zimmers etc.
3. Help care for residents who are dying by giving basic nursing care and support.
4. Help to stimulate residents QYtalking to them, and supporting them with their social activities and hobbies.
5. Care for residents who are sick, including hourly checks in rooms and following directions regarding turning/creaming etc.
6. Make and change beds, tidy rooms, cleaning and washing up when necessary. Empty and clean commodes.
9. Ensure that residents' creaming regimes are followed and recorded appropriately, ensuring that creams are kept in correct containers in residents' locked drawers.
10. Lay tables, set trays when needed, serve meals, help with feeding when necessary, leave dining room tidy and clean after each meal. During meals, spillages to be wiped up immediately and tables to be'cleaned at the end of each shift.
11. Answer emergency calls, answer telephone (when required) and greet visitors cordially.
12. Read and write daily reports and key-residents notes to be kept up to date. Weigh residents at appropriate time. Watch staff notice board for any relevant information.
13. Ensure that lights are not left on unnecessarily and water is used with care. Be especially attentive when using cleaning materials and follow manufacturer's instructions.
14. Breaks to be taken only at specified times, except when requested.
15. Participate in discussions regarding the assessments of key-residents and the development of individual training programmes.
16. Observation of the residents during their various activities and at rest (as necessary) and report to the senior person on duty any unusual or untoward behaviour/incidents.
17. Bring to the attention of the senior person any malfunction of services/equipment.
18. Bring to the attention of the senior person any inadequacy which may be to the detriment of the residents or staffs' health and safety.
19. To wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including gloves/aprons as appropriate.
20. Co-operate in ensuring that a good atmosphere is maintained with colleagues in order to provide a stable environment for residents in your caresee full details.
THE OLD VICARAGE RETIREMENT CENTRE, TILMANSTONE
JOB DESCRIPTION: NIGHT CARE ASSISTANT
All care staff to work to care plans to ensure the following is met.
1. To carry out hourly checks on residents, with due regard for residents privacy. Keep records of this and sign on the appropriate paperwork.
2. . To carry out regular checks on the building with special reference to fire prevention.
3. To answer call bells, assess the situation, deal with the resident seeking help. In the case of emergency, to summon the Manager or Deputy Manager, and/or the emergency doctor or ambulance.
4. To assist residents who need help, reassurance, comfort orjust a cup of tea.
5. To work with day staff still on duty in preparing or taking residents to bed. Assist residents with washing, dressing, and toiletting as'necessary.
6. To undertake domestic duties as directed, in the time available between attending to residents:
Cleaning kitchen/living rooms & conservatory and Laundry Room
Ironing resident's clothes, bedlinen etc. and sorting out laundry baskets.
7. To assist residents in the morning to wash and dress, as per the rota and proceed to the living rooms.
8. To give out medication as laid out in the Drugs Handling Procedure at the appropriate times, and only that medication as prescribed by the resident's G.P.
9. To help residents with incontinence problems during the night, taking into account their dignity at all times.
To read and write daily reports and to read resident's Assessment details
10. To give out morning drinks, then collect cups before end of shift, load into dishwasher and turn it on for next shift.]
11. To bring to the attention of a senior person any malfunction of services or equipment (record in the communication book as appropriate).
12. Ensure that lights are not left on unnecessarily and water is used with care
Be careful when using cleaning materials as to the amount used.
13. To conduct all procedures within the home with due regard to the food hygiene and health and safety legislation.
14. To include in this job description other aspects of the Care Assistant's job description, as may be relevant and appropriate.
15. To co-operate in ensuring that a good atmosphere is maintained with colleagues in order to provide a stable environment for residents in your care.
16. It is the policy of is Home that if a resident expresses a wish not to get up in the morning, they must be left until they are ready to get up. Similarly residents may retire to bed at whatever time they wish.
17. It is the policy of The Old Vicarage that no night staff may sleep on duty or leave the premises at any time during their shift. The Home must be kept secure at all ~ times and the vulnerable residents in their care must not be put at risk. Failure to comply will be considered gross misconduct (as set out in our Employee Handbook).see full details.
A leading producer of high quality salad and herb crops in the South East of England and Spain. We currently have vacancies for:
Seasonal Positions until October
We require reliable, flexible people to drive tractors and trailers. The role is physical, the driver will need to unload the trailer at our coldstore using a pallet truck and will need to help the team in the field load up the trailer with boxes.
A full, clean driving licence is required for this role.
Please apply in writing to:
Mrs Jennifer Earl, Personnel Manager,
Intercrop Ltd, Off Broad Lane,
Betteshanger, Deal Kent CT14 0LUsee full details.