This company was established in 1995 and is now the vehicle rental industry’s leading provider of management software in the UK. Their principle product is now established in over 750 locations and manages in excess of 80,000 vehicles. Their product is a desktop application currently written in Delphi. In 2015 the directors decided to radically expand the reach of its product, both in terms of target industries and international opportunities.
The decision was taken to construct the product as an online web application and build links (through API’s) to partners who wish to take advantage of such a large and diverse network of resources and services. Over the next five years the company expects to manage in excess of 1 Million resources (not just vehicles) and as such, the scalability and resilience of the product offer is paramount. To achieve this aim, an entire micro-services ecosystem is being created from the ground up. Whilst the strategy is to port the existing feature set that has evolved over the last 20 years, the project is being developed as many “Green Field” projects and micro-services.
The project is being developed in Java and will use several technologies and techniques. Some of the technologies are Micro-Services, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Spring Boot, Activiti (BPMN), MongoDB, MYSQL, Apche Ignite (Data Grid), Lucene, Rest , JSON, Angular 4, etc
- Exceptional ability and knowledge of Spring v3+ or Spring Boot
- Experience with creating Enterprise Web Applications
- Excellent communication skills, including presenting to fellow developers and architects
- Exceptional Problem solving ability - deep thinker
- Developer / Coder DNA” - (ie not to leave coding to become a team leader)
- Must have an unending desire to create something
- Self Disciplined will work from home)
- Proven track record of staying with a company (no contractors)
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Use Micro-services
- Mysql or another SQL DB
- Angular 4
- Apache Ignite (or similar data grid experience )
- Messaging and Messaging Patterns - RabbitMQ (or another message broker)
AuditWare Systems was established in late 1987 and is currently celebrating 30 years in business.
As exclusive distributors of CaseWare IDEA, IDEA Server, CaseWare Monitor and SmartExporter software to the UK & Ireland, AuditWare has grown substantially in recent years and is now a significant business with an outstanding client base of more than 1,500 blue chip companies. AuditWare also distributes other CaseWare products, plus other high quality audit and IT security-related products from third parties.
Our software products are used by organisations large and small, including multi-national corporations, government agencies, the big four accountancy firms, as well as sole traders. These clients have come to rely on our team to support their audit and investigation activities throughout the UK, Ireland and the rest of the world.
Our team of experts are committed to providing high quality customised solutions and training for vital business processes to ensure users obtain the maximum benefit from their investment in our products.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly and confident individual with a passion for data analytics and software to join our technical and training team.
The primary role will involve being responsible for the delivery of software training services for the the range of audit related software products offered by the company.
Due to the client base and the application of the software, ideally we are looking for an individual with an understanding of finance and business process to best understand the datasets that our clients apply our software too.
The delivery of the training itself will involve travelling to and from public and client based venues and so requires an indiviual who thrives on visiting different locations within the UK and Ireland as well as time spent in the company’s offices.
When not delivering training courses you will be required to assist the technical team with technical support calls and other projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a company that offers job satisfaction, the opportunity for professional improvement and growth to the right candidate.
• Preparing training materials and associated equipment
• Travelling to training locations
• Delivering training courses at the company offices, public venues and client sites
• Identifying opportunities to “cross” or “up” sell to clients during training courses or telephone conversations
• Overseeing general training administration
• Providing technical support assistance when required
• Providing consultancy project assistance when required
• Ad-hoc duties for the Head of Technical and Training Services
In just 6 – 8 weeks we can help you get your first foot in the door to an IT career.
At just £495 or 5 monthly payments of £99 we will provide you with access to the courses needed by most employers for new entrants to IT roles. All successful course applicants will go on to a guaranteed interview with our partner IT organisation
Once you have completed the courses and passed our online assessment exam we will then submit your CV to our recruitment partner who employ around 500 new entrants per annum into roles across the UK.
Salaries range from £18k-£22k dependant on location and experience and you will be expected to attend a week long induction course at their Head Office where you will be given further job specific training.
Applicants will be expected to work within a 50 mile radius of their location and present themselves in a positive and well presented manner when working on client premises.
This course package has been tailored to the specific requirements of our recruitment partner and they are particularly keen to employ individuals with no prior experience in IT who have a real desire to work in IT.
Our clients see themselves as a gateway employer providing the skills and experience necessary to get ahead and begin a successful career in IT.
We look forward to starting you on your new career journey.
Job Title: Network Consultant
Reporting to: Senior Network Consultant-Team Led
Location: Sandwich, Kent
Salary Scale: £35,000 - £40,000
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week plus on-call rota Monday to Friday 09:00-17:30
Travel: Occasional travel required (to other business and customer sites)
Reward Package: • 23 days annual leave plus 8 Statutory holidays
• Employee rewards package
Outline of the Role:
The Bunker provides Ultra Secure Managed Hosting, Colocation and IT Outsourcing from within UK’s most secure Data Centres.
We are looking to recruit Network staff responsible for providing network and security services to our diverse customer base in complex and secure environments.
Reporting to the Networks Team Leader, you will be part of a technical team focused on Core Network ISP services, solution design, configuration changes as well as pro-active monitoring, identifying and resolving issues.
Some Key responsibilities will include:
• Maintain and manage the performance, reliability and accessibility of networking and security infrastructure
• Design and architect client implementations, improvements and solutions
• The support of network infrastructure including hardware and application infrastructure
• Collaborate with development staff to recreate problems in the test environment and resolve in the live environment
• Work within an ITIL environment with change management for alterations to the network and client infrastructure
• Liaise with third parties and vendors to resolve issues
• Contribute to ongoing process improvement activities documenting solutions as required
• Implement and follow best practice security practices
• Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of IT business information
• Create and update appropriate documentation and configuration management records
• Generate periodic customer reports as required
• Assume proactive involvement in personal and technical development
• Mentor colleagues and act as a point of focus for knowledge transfer
• Experience in working with Virtual and Physical firewall technologies.
• Experience in CLI configuration of Juniper and Brocade equipment.
• Working knowledge IPv4/IPv6, MPLS/VPLS, Dynamic routing protocols, firewalls, VPNs, GRE and the associated technologies.
• Experienced in ISP or MSP environments working in network and system administration, including hands-on experience with routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Detailed knowledge of BGP and OSPF routing protocols
• Hands on administration of highly secure WAN and LAN solutions
• Experience of working with firewall and network security devices including certification, passkeys and intruder prevention systems
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter and CV via the apply online button:
Are you looking to make your mark in the SEO environment with one of the fastest growing search marketing agencies? Do you have a competitive streak that makes you obsessed with SEO performance?
We are a growing search marketing agency based in Sevenoaks with an enviable reputation for quality and customer services working with both SME and FTSE 100 clients across retail, professional services, and charity sector.
Our SEO department is growing rapidly and we are looking for someone to come in and hit the ground running. We offer great opportunity to prove yourself and fast track your career. You will get challenged with lots of responsibility and be rewarded accordingly. As an SEO Manager at Avenue you will report directly to one of our SEO Directors, and will be given the opportunity to lead and grow your client relationships and campaign performance.
If you are switched on; numerate; inquisitive; enthusiastic; and motivated, then we want to hear from you!
• Good level keyword research and opportunity analysis
• Establish and deliver onsite content SEO strategies and goals
• Manage quality assurance of client SEO accounts
• Manage client SEO budgets
• Lead clients as a point of contact for SEO activities
• Manage, training, and develop executive SEO managers within the team
• Stay abreast of the latest trends and developments within SEO
• Provide first class customer service to customers
• Ongoing, proactive campaign optimisation
• Weekly/Monthly reporting
• Knowledge sharing
• Maintaining accurate, high- quality and organised documentation.
• Help foster great client relationships
• 1-2 years minimum SEO experience working within an agency environment
• Good communication skills with the ability to explain and deliver SEO insights and recommendations
• Diplomatic and persuasive interpersonal skills
• Ability to think creatively and develop new ideas and ways to tackle a client brief
• Good understanding of Google analytics & Webmaster tools
• Good understanding of keyword research & technical audit tools
• Good understanding of outreach and other tools like BuzzStream, Citation Labs, Raven Tools, and Majestic
• Good understanding of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• High attention to detail
• Numerate and articulate
• Confident with a positive can–do attitude
• Excellent organisational skills and initiative
• Methodological way of working and ability to cope with competing demands and prioritise tasks accordingly
• Passionate about digital
• Keen to learn and develop yourself
• Positive thinker with high levels of enthusiasm
• Proactive and inquisitive
• Copes well under pressure
• Ambition to succeed
• Sociable, likable, and willing to be part of a great team
• Great taste in music
Why You’ll Like Working With Us
• You’ll have the opportunity to work on some really exciting brands supported by a really inspiring and friendly team of people.
• You’ll join a great talented team who are all driven to be the best they can be, while having a lot of fun along the way
• We offer a place to grow, where you can spread your wings
• We believe in work life balance, you’ll be out the office on time
• We have great culture of likeminded people who work hard and play hard, so expect the more than occasional trip to the pub
• £ dependent on experience
• Company pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Bike to work scheme
• Flexible working hours
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
http://www.avenuedigital.co.uk/careersSee full details.
£40,000 - £45,000
You will be part of the infrastructure team, but also within an agile project team currently developing a new software platform. In this role you will collaborate with software engineers to deploy systems and implement technical best practices. The role plays a critical part in streamlining and automating technical processes across the department/company.
· Demonstrate the need for information security and governance
· Working with the business and project team to enhance systems
· Identify and implement solutions to technical problems
· Implement and manage platforms associated with their own projects
· The role requires an on call rota to deal with out of hours system failures. This schedule will cover overnight or weekends.
· Excellent understanding of virtualisation
· High levels of experience support Windows and Linux environments (RedHat/Wintel/Oracle Linux)
· Application support experience e.g. JBOSS, Tomcat, Apache, Weblogic
· Experience of deploying in Java environments
· Experience with automation/configuration management (Chef, Puppet or equivalent)
· Cloud services - AWS experience required
· Experience with SQL and MySQL
· Working knowledge of code and scripting (Python, PHP, Perl and/or Ruby)
· Windows Server Management skills
· SSL Management
· In-depth knowledge of firewalls
· Enterprise vendor support and development qualifications will be advantageous
· Educated to a degree level or qualified by experience
For a full spec please apply.See full details.
£40k - £50k DOE
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established software house; with over 30 years' experience and based on the outskirts of Sittingbourne. They are looking for a highly logical and thorough Quality Assurance Manager who can devise and communicate testing strategies and also get into the detail and make them work. In your IT career, you may have been a developer, or you may equally have come through the analyst route. In all events, you will have a mindset that allows you to express quality criteria very clearly in terms of business value and business impact.
The Role - Quality Assurance Manager
The appeal of the role comes from a drive for excellence and quality built in to everything that you do. Your mission is to make quality engineered in by design. Your concept of quality is not constrained to delivering to specification, it also embraces the Kano model of delighting the customer. The role requires applying discipline and process in an enabling way; removing the steps that frustrate ensuring the steps that build confidence and satisfaction.
Their clients' projects and services tend to be big and complicated data oriented, often with high security requirements. The generation and management of test data is a very onerous part of the job, as a consequence, test automation and data masking techniques are very important.
A large part of each new situation is the challenge of dealing with the ‘people’ factor and the wide variety of national and corporate cultures that they meet in their daily business.
Does this describe you and where you want to go with your career?
· You are logical and thorough in whatever you do
· You enjoy working with data and getting it right
· Having demonstrated your ability to work in detail at a technical level, you relish the prospect and challenge of connecting with the big picture and being able to engage equally with technical and non-technical people
· You know intrinsically when things are right, how to do things properly and you are constantly looking for ways to do things better. However, you are always ready to look for and listen to external references, to reflect and to make things even better
· When faced with a problem or a decision you will look to be creative and to generate options that you can evaluate, before diving into solutions
· You are likely to be self-starting and adaptable to fit into the differing business cultures we encounter, and rapidly build rapport and gain the confidence of others
· You can decide for yourself, but also know when to draw in the knowledge, skill and expertise of others and use the power of teamwork
· You will be able to communicate effectively and equally well in writing, verbally and using pictures to suit your audience and customer preferences
· Above all you are a leader with your team and providing thought leadership on your subject. You enable others, coaching and mentoring your team and understanding the real meaning of coaching in a business context
Recent Enterprise Information Management projects cover Banking, Insurance, Pharmaceutical, Government (at all levels), Retail, Automotive and Transport sectors. Furthermore, there are long-running relationships for the support and enhancement of automotive retail, technical information, licensing and education awarding body systems.
· Be educated to graduate level, or a professional equivalent, in subjects which demonstrate a sound grasp of logic and reason
· Be a good communicator, including written and verbal communication and a good listener, with the ability to grasp complex business situations and represent them as system designs
· Have a sound grasp of computer science, probably demonstrated by qualifications. Including an understanding the analysis and design
· Be experienced in structured problem solving. Possibly by being trained and or certified in a suitable methodology
· Be able to demonstrate leadership and management skills
Must have these technical skills and experience
YOU MUST HAVE:
· 3+ years of solid Test Engineer or related experience covering all aspects of testing
Typically you will be well experienced with:
· Jenkins Pipeline and Maven for test orchestration and automated integration testing
· SoapUI and Groovy scripting, for API functional testing
· JMeter and Redline13, for performance testing at scale
· XSpecc BDD, for XSLT testing
· working with cloud hosted solutions, including AWS
Ideally a test qualification from :
Experience with data quality tools, data lifecycle management, data cleansing and/or ETL would be useful.
Preference will be given to those with experience of working as part of a team:
• Using a formal technical specification under the PRINCE2 project framework or structured methods and standards
• Using six sigma or other quality management framework
• In a commercial software development house
If you have previously been security cleared that would be advantageous and you must be prepared to undergo security clearance to the highest levels.
The role is based at Sittingbourne, Kent. You will be expected to work at other global locations from time to time as required by specific projects. All work-related travel and subsistence expenses will be paid.
A competitive benefit package depending on knowledge, skills and experience will be paid.
The package includes a taxable car allowance per month and, after qualifying service, health insurance and pension.
Our client’s company values are important to them. They have a high customer retention level and actively seek people who share their values:
• If you believe in professional integrity and doing the right thing then you are one of us
• If you believe that teamwork is the key to achieving goals then better still
• If you enjoy learning new things. So much so that you constantly seek out new challenges then you will be joining a like-minded team
• If you genuinely care about the quality of what you do and how you do it then you are definitely the person we would like to talk toSee full details.
Rare and exciting opportunity to work in a growing company that has grown from one mans vision through to 60 staff,working internationally with the wealthiest top 5% of consumers in the world!!
Working closely with a young and dynamic IT Manager with a wealth of experience, you will be creating interesting projects and designs for the website, internal systems and ADHOC projects. Your role will be in a training capacity, focusing on, front end development using your HTML/CSS skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from an experienced professional, work within an exciting creative industry and will help develop your career moving forward.
Please call me on 01892 540054 immediately , as interviews are taking place next week! or send your CV to email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter to make sure you hear about all our new roles! www.twitter.com/rec_solSee full details.
Accounts Software Support - AAT Level 3 or above
£18k - £23k DOE
Benefits include 23 days’ holiday, life assurance and non-contributory pension scheme.
Our client is the leading global supplier of accounts and audit systems to firms of accountants and commercial entities.
They are looking to increase their support team. Ideally, you will currently be working in a Bookkeeping / Accounts environment and qualified to AAT Level; and would be interested in making the change to supporting Accountants in their use of this software.
The role involves telephone technical support of their clients in their specialist software and extensive use of their contact management software to log details of the calls taken.
Candidates will be keen to learn and be able to work well in a team environment. Full training will be given, but a good aptitude for IT is of paramount importance, as well as good common sense, an interest in maths /accounts and an excellent telephone manner.
• Frontline telephone Technical Support
• Log calls and action taken in contact management software either directly from the telephone, email or from VoiceMail
• Deal with client emails and similar communications. Keep all email correspondence up-to-date and filed within the client directories
• Diagnose software problems or faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone, by remote access or by email
• Talk clients through a series of actions
• Obtain general understanding of OS and application
• For all requests that cannot be directly resolved, provide an effective interface between users and other departments. Monitor progress and apply escalation procedures for problems not progressing satisfactorily. Handle all complaints and enquires efficiently and professionally
• Proactively assist users in making effective use of the software available to them
• Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
• Update self-help documents so customers/employees can try to fix problems themselves#
• Support the roll-out of new applications or updates
• Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers
• Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
• Escalation of calls where necessary to more senior team members/manager
• Plan and organise own work in a rapidly changing and technical environment
• Maintain other support tools such as the ftp site, CRM system, VoiceMail and Knowledge Base
• Record system enhancements and bugs in the internal bug register
• Escalate to Senior bugs to be recorded on the International bug registerSee full details.
Accounts Graduate Software Support
Salary: £16k - £21k DOE
We would also very much welcome applications from recent Accounts / Finance Graduates with some form of customer service experience looking to join a well-established Software House who are a leading global supplier of accounts and audit systems to firms of accountants and commercial entities.
We are looking to recruit as a matter of some urgency as some of their existing team members have just been promoted to other areas of the business including development and training. This is very much a long-term career for the right candidate
As Support Engineer you will provide telephone and remote support for their accounts software product.
You will respond to enquiries from their customers received by telephone, email and other media, and you will be offering solutions in an efficient and pleasant way whilst maintaining high levels of professionalism and confidentiality. Sometimes more detailed investigations will require you to work with other members of the team to identify and resolve problems
You should of course have a desire to learn extensively their Accounts Software solution and, of course, full comprehensive training will be supplied.
You will be part of a highly skilled team of support professionals that have a focused approach to delivering exceptional customer service.
• High level of IT literacy
• Excellent telephone manner
• Effective communication via telephone, email and letter
• Effective customer service skills
• A desire to work in a busy, dynamic environment
• The ability to plan and self-organise
• The ability to share knowledge with team members to improve overall effectiveness
• A desire to constantly learn and adapt to the changing demands of the Accounts Software industrySee full details.